account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

Regular
Message 21 of 307
Message 21 of 307

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

Thommo, thank you for this trick. I have customization version 1289-7528-R4B. What region is it and when to wait the update?

Forum Legend
Message 22 of 307
Message 22 of 307

@speller You have a a Z3 Compact D5803 with Generic Arabic MENA firmware

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Forum Legend
Message 23 of 307
Message 23 of 307

@speller if you are interested

Guide to create your own generic .ftf firmware file for your country

The Flashtool link in that guide is old so use the new one here

Follow this guide to manually flash but use the .ftf you created above and not the one listed - Everything else is the same for all Xperia devices

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Enthusiast
Message 24 of 307
Message 24 of 307

Re: How long does it take for Sony PC Companion to detect new update?

Rickard Thank you. API access camera for third-party applications... It's really important.

Regular
Message 25 of 307
Message 25 of 307

@

One time poster
Message 26 of 307
Message 26 of 307

C'mon... 3 month delay and still i need to wait:/ i hope it is gonna be Worth it... Did someone upgrade his device and test it??? How Yours felling ??
Enthusiast
Message 27 of 307
Message 27 of 307

I got it for my Z2 in Latvia! And once again like with 4.4.4, PC doesnt shows that i hawe update! But phone shows it!

Enthusiast
Message 28 of 307
Message 28 of 307

Screenshot_2015-03-17-13-19-51.png

Visitor
Message 29 of 307
Message 29 of 307

5.0 Update feedback

Hi!

Yesterday I have FINALLY received the update notification on my Z3C and installed it. Posting this topic for bug reports and feedback on the update, as I already experience several issues.

• Phone calls - using HD audio mode distrorts sound a lot. I need to lower the volume on calls to 50-60% to get clear sound.
  • Temperature - since the update I feel that device became sligtly hotter even in standby. Not sure it's critical
  • Headphone settings - In 4.4 there were a lot more sound settings, plus headphone volume became like 5% down. REMOVE THOSE LIMITS. I have a 250 EUR Klipsch X11i headset and I want descent sound from my Sony smile happy
  • Need a swipe-left contact list back in the Phone app. That small button for contacts is not usefull!

Also, not sure how to check if ART is working, but most apps run a lot faster on 5.0

Enthusiast
Message 30 of 307
Message 30 of 307

Re: How long does it take for Sony PC Companion to detect new update?

Looked photo examples with Z3. On the new firmware. This is terrible! Strong sharping, poor noise reduction (Colored noise on the first photo) ... How is it possible to produce a release? Not improved. Nothing, absolutely.

TEST LOLLIPOP 2.jpgDSC_0151.jpg