account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

Talent
Message 241 of 307
Message 241 of 307

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

It's unacceptable that 50% (a completely unfounded and fictitious number) of upgraders are having major issues with Lollipop.  It's wrong and unprofessional of Sony to release (after far too long a wait) an upgrade with so many issues.  In reality I would imagine (I don't KNOW and neither does anyone else) that those with major issues are vastly in the minority, possibly in the fractions of one percent.

My suggestion to those that are so badly affected is to register your issues but stop complaining (it isn't going to make any difference) and to flash KitKat back on to their phones until such time that the issues are resolved by the next release of Lollipop. It's a phone !!

One time poster
Message 242 of 307
Message 242 of 307

Since updating my xperia z2 has lost email updates and the whole of my calendar. My IT dept has deleted and added the apps dozens of times without success and have concluded that the problem is in your software update. This is related to ExchangeActiveSync. When is this going to be fixed? This is my first and may now be my last Sony phone.

Commissioner
Message 243 of 307
Message 243 of 307

musicly, you and I may not have the full details but consider this...Android still occupy no.1 spot in the world with 1 billion phones using their OS. Sony version is the closest to vanilla Lollipop among all manufacturers compared to others and since the rollout, adoption of Lollipop is gaining ground. Being an open source program means it's interchangeable between the different Android versions and you can always revert back to KitKat by flashing if that suits you the best. Moving among manufacturers doesn't mean you won't face the same issues since all have the same OS under the hood. So instead of harping on about it, choose what suits you the best and go get it. Because Lollipop won't be here forever and will move on to Android 6 sooner than later.
Commissioner
Message 244 of 307
Message 244 of 307

Android 6.0 maybe known as Muffin is currently under development...
www.androidpit.com/android-m-release-date-news-features-name

Adviser
Message 245 of 307
Message 245 of 307

@bearings

I agree, neither have the full details, which is why I didn't suggest a percentage level of those affected...because I don't know and neither does anyone else. But there will certainly be many many Un reported cases out there.

I am concerned about damaging my phone altogether by flashing, as I don't fully understand the process...otherwise I would do it without question.

And to be honest, if more people Harped on about, there might be more chance of Sony sorting a suitable official repair/update

Nothing personal to you, but don't think anyone is in a position to make small of the issue...just because you're unaffected.

Let's just hope Sony get it sorted out
One time poster
Message 246 of 307
Message 246 of 307

My data is bugging when I updated 5.0.2.. Anyone have solution?
One time poster
Message 247 of 307
Message 247 of 307

NFC problem

Updated to 5.02 but NFC is not updated. Now NFC is dead...Requesting for help...
Sony Xperia Support
Message 248 of 307
Message 248 of 307

Re: NFC problem

Hi MAK3,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines

Just to clarify, you get no response from the NFC section of the device? or do you get a response just not action?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 249 of 307
Message 249 of 307

after update c6903 to 5.0.2 it takes more and more time to charge by usb,sometime tells me it will take 11 hour to charge or sometimes tells me power is low by usb and it cant charge .but an same port and device on kitkat it took about 2-3 hour .after reset the phone to factory,nothing changed

One time poster
Message 250 of 307
Message 250 of 307

Got an update to lollipop 5.0.now the worst part is this after getting the update now my phone is getting frequently hanged battery draining fast.... Got every problem now.. Would like to degrade it to kitkat how can I do that