account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

Adviser
Message 231 of 307
Message 231 of 307

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

@Richard

Any plans to repair the software, so that tethering is restored?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 232 of 307
Message 232 of 307

We are currently looking into why some users have issues with tethering after the update. I will update this thread as soon as i have more information: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Z3-Dual/Tethering-hotspot-problem-with-Z3-after-Lollipop-upd...

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 233 of 307
Message 233 of 307

OK thanks Rickard...will look forward to your update.
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 234 of 307
Message 234 of 307

Just add it to the monumental list of problems with the Lollipop update. It seems like 50% of people have been sent a bad code either that or those who say it's fantastic are living in "emperor's new clothes" fantasy world...
Visitor
Message 235 of 307
Message 235 of 307

Lollipop ruined my perfect phone

Why Sony released such an unstable buggy update is far beyond my understanding.
My phone had a perfect battery charging and discharging rate. Now it can't get full charge even after keeping on charge for 6 hours. And discharges pretty fast.
More problems include non working stamina mode, the auto rotate shortcut is useless. Internal space is almost gone after upgrade. And still exploring more and more problems.
I ask the Sony guys to fix this ad soon as possible. Meanwhile don't push the buggy update to more services please. Also publish a safe method to downgrade without voiding warranty.

Long time Xperia user and this time I have made my mind to say good bye to Sony forever.
Commissioner
Message 236 of 307
Message 236 of 307

Truth is that only people who have problems will seek help for their phone issues and the numbers who posted in here is seriously not a lot. Take away repeated postings, continuous postings and complaints on Lollipop features, the most is about 200.  With millions of Xperia phones out there and hundred of thousands already upgraded, these here don't even make 0.001%.

I am enjoying the benefits of this Lollipop upgrade. My Z2 now managed battery better, camera react faster, you can choose what important app that will interupt in a vibration mode so you won't miss really important messages, etc. Not everyone like changes; but for those brave enough to venture ahead, you likely would find another level of satisfaction that the previous one may not have provided. It's evolution.

Visitor
Message 237 of 307
Message 237 of 307

Re: Welcome to the Forum, please introduce yourselves!

Why my radio Stop working after lollipop update??
Any help will be apreciated, thanks
One time poster
Message 238 of 307
Message 238 of 307

I didn't aidet such ugly registration yet
Adviser
Message 239 of 307
Message 239 of 307

@bearings

Actually your wrong. Do you honestly think most people have got the time, ability or can even be bothered to post on a forum.... Let alone this one! That's even if they know about it!!!. On top of that, a lot will not even notice the issues if not used by them and some will simply just move on to a different manufacturer.

actually only a SMALL minority will post on here
Adviser
Message 240 of 307
Message 240 of 307

And even so, the small minority deserve to have their issues addressed promptly.

I'm glad your enjoying lollipop...but frankly, even issues aside, I think it's terrible to use and feel kit kat was a way better experience