account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

Forum Legend
Message 221 of 307
Message 221 of 307

Re: Issues after lollipop update

Try performing a system repair using PC Companion as this will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone and erase all data so best to backup before you begin

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Message 222 of 307
Message 222 of 307

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

After Lollipop update on Z3

Camera

and

flashlight

without function.

Adviser
Message 223 of 307
Message 223 of 307

Got the update for my Xperia z3 compact but feel my battery not as good and phone has froze a few times
Visitor
Message 224 of 307
Message 224 of 307

After update my incoming call ringtone sound is so slow can't even hear properly in public places before that it was awesome and very loud any setting I can do it I tries to repair the software using pc companion but still the same also same with notification
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 225 of 307
Message 225 of 307

Opening the camera by holding the camera button causes the phone to make a sound regardless of having it in silent or having the camera sounds switched off.. Why is this? This did not happen prior to Lollipop "upgrade"
Learner
Message 226 of 307
Message 226 of 307

I've also experienced a failed notification from Gmail (only received one GMail since update), even though notifications are turned on in the app.

Visitor
Message 227 of 307
Message 227 of 307

Thommo
I've performed a soft reset, hard reset, restored factory settings, re installed the software twice, performed the repair function on pc companion twice........the phone still doesn't find network provider and displays no service despite being in an area with 4g network coverage
Adviser
Message 228 of 307
Message 228 of 307

As soon as I updated, the tethering hotspot will no longer transmit data. I'm on 3 network, and 3 say that they are aware of many others with this issue.

No help or even acknowledgement from Sony...who could only advise me to send my brand new phone in for repair. I am not willing to do this as I know it's a software issue.

What is Sony playing at...they need to get this sorted for they're loyal customers.

The new software is a backward step in my opinion
Commissioner
Message 229 of 307
Message 229 of 307

Javrlinsam, your "GEO TAGGING" might be on. Try to switch it off and see whether the sound is still there.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 230 of 307
Message 230 of 307

@neelaup

Sorry to hear that you have issues with SMS in Ultra STAMINA.

We got a couple of reports of this and it has been forwarded for further investigation.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.