account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 211 of 307
Message 211 of 307

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

Javelinsam, compared to the thousands upon thousands that had uploaded Lollipop and is happy with it, what's a few hundred who are unhappy with Lollipop and want to go back? If you like KitKat so much, just flash and go back. In 6 months time, ALL new Android phone, no matter who manufacture it, will adopt Lollipop out of the box. When time comes for you to decide to upgrade, hope you can find one that still run KitKat out of the box.
Highlighted
Learner
Message 212 of 307
Message 212 of 307

xperia Z3 android 5.0.2 battery life after upgraded software

Did it happen the same to you guys when upgraded to the new android 5.0.2 cut in half battery life.
What to do to restore previous capabilities of the battery? Thanks for your help.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 213 of 307
Message 213 of 307

Software update to 5.0.2 completed on Friday 17th, since then my z3 will not register my sim or indeed any sim on mobile network (O2). Therefore my phone can no longer actual a phone. O2 have washed their hands of the problem and say the issue lies with Sony who have caused the issue with the software download aaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!!! Also the battery has been draining and the handset gets so hot it would burn my ear if I was actually able to use it to make or receive calls. Any ideas when a patch will be released?
Talent
Message 214 of 307
Message 214 of 307

@Javelinsam wrote:
@RickGM Lollipop isn't progress at all. Just skim through these forums to see the numbers of people begging to be able to go back to kitkat then go to Twitter and see them there, go to Facebook and all over the Internet. Lollipop is a disaster. The look and feel of it has totally ruined the phone I carefully selected.
Imagine you bought a Ferrari then when you took it in for a service they changed the engine to a 500cc diesel and upgraded the seats to some plastic garden chairs.. Still looks like a Ferrari on the outside but is now nowhere near one to drive. That is the experience I'm getting with this phone now. I'm absolutely gutted.

I think you'll find that the only people that post on forums/Facebook/Twitter are those that have complaints. There will be tens of thousands (possibly millions) who are enjoying the experience of Lollipop even with its teething issues. Few people post to make positive comments. There's a simple solution for you and the others that aren't happy- flash a KitKat rom back on.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 215 of 307
Message 215 of 307

Memory leak bug in Xperia Z3 Dual running 5.0.2

After updating my phone to Andriod 5.0.2, the system uses 1.2 GB of the RAM. This bug affects the speed of the phone and I often have to restart to get the usage back to normal. Google has already released Android 5.1 to fix this bug.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 216 of 307
Message 216 of 307

How can we undo the update? This new operating system is far worse than the former. I don't know how many times it's frozen or stopped working since updating less than a week ago. Also battery life has taken a nosedive and I can't access my wifi far more often than previously.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 217 of 307
Message 217 of 307

(that is, with minimal tech knowledge and no rooting)
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 218 of 307
Message 218 of 307

Re: Memory leak bug in Xperia Z3 Dual running 5.0.2

So this is a Sony issue but Google have said it's an issue from them also google haven't said there will be a fix release or if it will be called 5.0.3

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 219 of 307
Message 219 of 307

I have a problem with sms and so card after update. Sms app not work, SD card seems like out of device, but it's in.
Who can helps me with update bugs or how fix it?
Highlighted
Learner
Message 220 of 307
Message 220 of 307

Issues after lollipop update

after the latest system update my notification light stop working when i get text messages and notifications from social media apps like fb messenger except for when im charging, and so i did a diagnostic test and found out that i had more issues, i failed in the light sensor and gps tests. all this happened after the lollipop update. are there any solutions out there with this issues? especially the notification light i kinda liked it cause it has a specific light color for text messages and apps. if there is any fix i would love to know pls.