account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

Talent
Message 201 of 307
Message 201 of 307

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

@Javelinsam wrote:
This update is a disaster. Anyone who says they like it is lying. Kitkat was a much better place to be... I'm gutted I ever said yes to downloading it. Want to throw my z3 at a wall.

There are many added features that will make the phone experience better. Inevitably there will be bugs and issues but hopefully Google will sort them.

If we don't progress we'd still have square wheels.

Talent
Message 202 of 307
Message 202 of 307

One more to sort out  Z3 - Since the upgrade to 5.0.2 I have an issue with Android Wear which didn't exist previously.  I select "Mute connected phone" but unfortunately it still rings as well as vibrating on my Moto 360.  Also when I set interuptions - Settings/Sound & notification/Interruptions/Downtime the phone mutes but my Moto 360 still vibrates on incoming calls.  I think the whole Priority scenarion needs sorting.  I might just go back to Silent Time app.

Rookie
Message 203 of 307
Message 203 of 307

Hi. After update to 5.0 I am not able to listen music any more through my Bluetooth headset.
One time poster
Message 204 of 307
Message 204 of 307

Xperia z1 lollipop messaging bug. Cant open or use any messaging app even the default measaging app. Freezes after opening and only hiving white screen.
Rookie
Message 205 of 307
Message 205 of 307

questions since update.

How do I turn off auto sync since lollipop update? Plus how do I close all the windows now without closing them one by one?
Message 206 of 307
Message 206 of 307

Re: questions since update.

You drag down the notification bar,there is the auto sync option. The option of close all is available on some markets.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 207 of 307
Message 207 of 307

Re: questions since update.

smithers wrote
Plus how do I close all the windows now without closing them one by one?

You can't. I read an article somewhere that suggested that you shouldn't close the windows on account of it using the CPU and hence battery to open them from fresh, and also that they are instantly available if not closed.

It seems the natural thing to do but apparently it's not the best !

Adviser
Message 208 of 307
Message 208 of 307

@rickgm Lollipop isn't progress at all. Just skim through these forums to see the numbers of people begging to be able to go back to kitkat then go to Twitter and see them there, go to Facebook and all over the Internet. Lollipop is a disaster. The look and feel of it has totally ruined the phone I carefully selected.
Imagine you bought a Ferrari then when you took it in for a service they changed the engine to a 500cc diesel and upgraded the seats to some plastic garden chairs.. Still looks like a Ferrari on the outside but is now nowhere near one to drive. That is the experience I'm getting with this phone now. I'm absolutely gutted.
Inhabitant
Message 209 of 307
Message 209 of 307

Hi Sony,

Greetings for the best archi, engineers, workers of sony xperias ! best phone ive ever used!

such a powerful one!

whenever i tend to close all my running apps on the bground the (X) icon on each of the open app is not appearing immdty, for me its easier to just cllick the X  button rather than swiping one by one (buggy) since there is no close button yet.

no close all button (this is very very helpful for all of us users , so kindly pls bring this back  to all updates [all regions asap])

whenever i uninstall something from my  app menus, it leads me immediatly back to the homescreen (one by one unnstallation process) unlike before i was on kitkat that i can uninstall many apps i want and would return to homescreen whenever i want to.

also i cannot see, or its just me having this problem, the difference of image enhancements now whenever i take a photos, its one of the best features though.. (pls fix this)

regardng bloatwares  pls remove or atlst give us the option to uninstall all unecessary file rather than just disabling it ( so many bloatwares)

for the battery performance i can say that its quite good , kindly bring back the history details of battery  like the one with kitkat so we can easily determine the exact time of battery usage. its very helpful to us.

For now these are my concerns, looking forward to hear from you

and thank you very much in advance.

Still im loving your products !

KUDOS Sony!

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 210 of 307
Message 210 of 307

@Rickard wrote:
Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

UPDATE: First scripts for Android 5.0; Lollipop are now rolling from today for Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet & Z3 Tablet Compact

We’re starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop upgrade from today for Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact.

You’ll see the upgrade hit first devices in the Nordics and Baltics, continuing to further markets, for more Xperia Z Series products, starting in around two weeks time* – we’ll share the latest here, as it happens.

After blending Google’s first Lollipop release with our Sony software, some of the goodies include;

• Fresh, streamlined looks – based on Google’s material design, but retaining our minimalistic approach to interface and application design
  • New look notifications and lock screen – with fully customizable settings, so you only get the information you really need
  • Multi user profiles and guest mode – making it easy for family and friends to use your device, or the creation of dual environments for work and play…
  • Android for Work – not only are business-ready Xperia smartphones and tablets unique devices for work – with waterproof form factors, great battery life and productivity features – they will now also be part of the Android for Work ecosystem
  • Better storage control and customisation – with the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card – giving you more control over your content, particularly useful for devices with slightly less space

Be sure to follow the blog and @SonyMobileNews for all the latest as our rollout continues.

*Timing and availability may vary by market and/or carrier

BUG spotted, i have activated my ultra stamina mode for saving batt since i am usually busy in the office. so when i tend to type/ rply sms to someone. it stops and put me back to homescreen. pls fix this..