account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

One time poster
Message 191 of 307
Message 191 of 307

Lollipop update has made my phone worse

Since installing the Lollipop update on my Z3, my Wifi keeps switching off, and I frequently lose internet connection. I also want to disable the notifications appearing on the lock screen, as I don't like that. If my phone is on a table, for example, a message comes in, it can be seen by everyone. I want to turn this off. I also prefered the old way of switching to silent mode with the pull-down screen. Now, on silent mode, the phone won't vibrate when a message or call comes in. Often, the links don't work from the touchscreen

I don't like the garish colours either. What was wrong with how it was before? What exactly is this supposed to have given me that is better? My phone is worse. Thank you Sony. Why would you do this?

Adept
Message 192 of 307
Message 192 of 307

Re: Z3 Battery life following Android 5 update

I have noticed a considerable drop in battery life after lollipop update.... Is this a bug in the software or is it from lollipop battery ddemand...
Emperor
Message 193 of 307
Message 193 of 307

Re: Lollipop update has made my phone worse

Repair your phone with pcc and check again

PC Companion (PCC)
http://support.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/

Bridge (for Mac)
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/bridge-for-mac/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 194 of 307
Message 194 of 307

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

This update is a disaster. Anyone who says they like it is lying. Kitkat was a much better place to be... I'm gutted I ever said yes to downloading it. Want to throw my z3 at a wall.
One time poster
Message 195 of 307
Message 195 of 307

flicking lockscreen

With the new update software it appears that it flickers during stand by mode in the lock screen.
In the case of a call the lock screen flickers and one has to unlock the phone to be able to answer the phone instead of being able to answer it directly.
Commissioner
Message 196 of 307
Message 196 of 307

schpling, welcome to Android Lollipop. All u have mentioned are the new way Android is moving. As with ALL new software, some like it some don't. Enough postings here on the latest features so go read how things done.

Javelinsam, you can always offer to throw you Z3 at me, I'll take it.
Learner
Message 197 of 307
Message 197 of 307

Sorry if this was discussed above, but I'm experiencing a noticeable slowdown with the Swype responsiveness. Now I have to wait for the swype to select the word but before the upgrade it was effectively instant.

Xperia Z Ultra.

Learner
Message 198 of 307
Message 198 of 307

After you update the lollipop extreme consumption of battery overnight

Screenshot_2015-04-18-07-33-58.pngHello, Mobil I did not use at all overnight, in the morning I look at the phone and over 55% of battery power is consumed ... That makes me every night after update lollipop. The phone will also overheats when is not working, does anyone have a similar problem?

Visitor
Message 199 of 307
Message 199 of 307

Re: After you update the lollipop extreme consumption of battery overnight

Yes, I too face those issues.. Even though the stamina mode is active the power consumption is high. During normal using like music, browse, chat the phone heats up. kitkat 4.4.4 is good when compared to performance. hope sony will release a fix soon
Talent
Message 200 of 307
Message 200 of 307

Re: Lollipop update has made my phone worse

@schpling wrote:

... I also want to disable the notifications appearing on the lock screen, as I don't like that. If my phone is on a table, for example, a message comes in, it can be seen by everyone. I want to turn this off. ...

If you don't want your notifications to show on the lock screen then turn them off. Settings/Sound & notification/When device is locked tap and hold and select your option.