account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

Visitor
Message 121 of 307
Message 121 of 307

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

I update my z2 everything seems ok. But i have a question.. Why we don't have smart call handling??? I dont know about others bit for me is necessary!!! Are you going to fix it or what???
Inhabitant
Message 122 of 307
Message 122 of 307

Guys my concern is with the battery performance some says that it consumes more batt than the Kk version.. How about that?
Enthusiast
Message 123 of 307
Message 123 of 307

There is close all button in some region.
But its so ugly..
Change this to circle.
Or like this http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1923/7033/original.jpg?w=320&h
Regular
Message 124 of 307
Message 124 of 307

No RAW support in Lollipop

Hello after update I was disappointed that does not support taking photos in to RAW even if Lollipop has to support it.

I would like to see this feature in some next updates.

thanks.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 125 of 307
Message 125 of 307

Hi there.
Since there is no update for Z3C D5833 model, I installed the 5.0.2 central europe customization for the D5803 model. After some discussions with the guys from XDA I even made the downgrade to Kitkat.
In general, everything is working fine, but I really dont like that I can't change the colours ofthe settingd menu. And the spell check suggestions are really annoying: orange, purple, etc. Is there a possibility to change it somehow to one colour? Via a theme?
But in general, the lollipop is not bad.
But anyway, I would really welcome the official D5833 version.
Commissioner
Message 126 of 307
Message 126 of 307

lock screen swipe now i need to swipe little up to unlock, before i can swap in any direction. how to complaint about this? why is it changed?

Message 127 of 307
Message 127 of 307

Not sure,ask sony:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 128 of 307
Message 128 of 307

Vlk293, u would need a PC to view RAW photo taken by the phone because smartphone cannot display .DNG files.

"I should note that users cannot open .dng files on their smartphones, and will have to transfer them to their computer and use it with a desktop grade photo editing tool (like paint.net or Photoshop)."

www.talkandroid.com/guides/android-lollipop-guides/how-to-shoot-raw-or-dmg-pictures-on-your-nexus-6-...
Commissioner
Message 129 of 307
Message 129 of 307

So if u want to shoot RAW photos using ir smartphone, bring along your laptop too. Kind of defeat the purpose of carrying light right?
Talent
Message 130 of 307
Message 130 of 307

Or just wait until you get home to transfer to your computer to edit the image. Sony advertises their smart phone camera as being one of the best, and being capable of shooting professional photos. That is not the case without RAW support.

Yes I agree not everyone will use RAW photos, in fact most people won't. But it's always a good feature to have in case there is a shot you want to be able to professionally edit. And it's always a good feature to have for professional photographers.