account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

Highlighted
Regular
Message 11 of 307
Message 11 of 307

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

Simple question, somebody took the time to move my post to the "correct topic", can I get a simple answer?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 307
Message 12 of 307

@hfhfhf

You should not attempt to install firmware for another model in your phone.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 13 of 307
Message 13 of 307

Thanks Rickard
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 307
Message 14 of 307

thanks Rickard for for fast answer.At last which of this things in this link are true?http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/03/16/xperia-lollipop-update-does-not-support-manual-camera-settings-...

Slightly smiling FaceHeart

and will it have ota?

Forum Legend
Message 15 of 307
Message 15 of 307

Clearly says around 2 weeks time http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2015/03/16/starting-our-android-5-0-lollipop-rollout-xperia-z3-xperia-z3...

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 307
Message 16 of 307

@JOHN_f

The article refers to camera options available for 3:rd party camera apps. I'm afraid i don't have any details on what options that are available for 3:rd party camera apps but i did forward it as feedback.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 17 of 307
Message 17 of 307

@Rickard it's ok i had to wait a bit more since i was clicking on that txt like 50 times but waited more and then it said an update is available Slightly smiling Face

Regular
Message 18 of 307
Message 18 of 307

Rickard, can you explain please, what kind of information is used to determine "region" of a device? Interface language, target market or physical current location (such ad IP adress)? I have international version (D5803) with Russian language and I am currently located in Japan. When will I receive the update? Thank you.

Forum Legend
Message 19 of 307
Message 19 of 307

It's your customization number - Dial *#*#7378423#*#* then Service info then Software info

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Message 20 of 307
Message 20 of 307

When trying to load the update I get a message that says I need a computer to update. Is it going to be possible to update on the air in Finland?