account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

Sony Xperia Support
Message 1 of 307
Message 1 of 307

UPDATE: First scripts for Android 5.0; Lollipop are now rolling from today for Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet & Z3 Tablet Compact

We’re starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop upgrade from today for Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact.

You’ll see the upgrade hit first devices in the Nordics and Baltics, continuing to further markets, for more Xperia Z Series products, starting in around two weeks time* – we’ll share the latest here, as it happens.

After blending Google’s first Lollipop release with our Sony software, some of the goodies include;

• Fresh, streamlined looks – based on Google’s material design, but retaining our minimalistic approach to interface and application design
  • New look notifications and lock screen – with fully customizable settings, so you only get the information you really need
  • Multi user profiles and guest mode – making it easy for family and friends to use your device, or the creation of dual environments for work and play…
  • Android for Work – not only are business-ready Xperia smartphones and tablets unique devices for work – with waterproof form factors, great battery life and productivity features – they will now also be part of the Android for Work ecosystem
  • Better storage control and customisation – with the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card – giving you more control over your content, particularly useful for devices with slightly less space

Be sure to follow the blog and @SonyMobileNews for all the latest as our rollout continues.

*Timing and availability may vary by market and/or carrier

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

306 REPLIES 306
Message 2 of 307
Message 2 of 307

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

Can we get a tour of what's new?
Adept
Message 3 of 307
Message 3 of 307

Waiting For Z2 getting the Update.

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 307
Message 4 of 307

@AndroidGyan Images and post removed for advertising - Please don't do it again

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Message 5 of 307
Message 5 of 307

How long does it take for Sony PC Companion to detect new update?

Hi everyone,

I noticed my z3 on NCB says it has 5.0 available but i have now been checking for updates for like 2 hours now on Sony PC Comapnion and yet it tells me my phone is up to date :/ when it isn't and i have done a quick check from OTA in phone also does not detect any but if i check XperiaFirm and Scavanger site it tells me my customization version has 23.0.A.1.690 available so i wonder how long does it take for Sony PC Companion to detect the new update? alot of people in norway and so began to recive it now but NCB still wont give me it Slightly frowning Face

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 307
Message 6 of 307

Talent
Message 7 of 307
Message 7 of 307

Because Sony removes features people like. It's much easier to roll out updates if you remove all the new features from Google. I guess that's what took them so long to roll out the update.
Regular
Message 8 of 307
Message 8 of 307

Can I download the D5803 firmware and upload it to D5833?
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 307
Message 9 of 307

Hi,what does it mean?http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/03/16/xperia-lollipop-update-does-not-support-manual-camera-settings-...

It means we can't  choose iso 50,100, or other?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 307
Message 10 of 307

Re: How long does it take for Sony PC Companion to detect new update?

@

Try clicking the text in PC Companion that says your phone is updated.

@e-kzn

I'm afraid i don't have any information regarding this but i will forward your feedback.

@JOHN_f

You can still set ISO manually to for example 50 or 100 in the cameras manual mode

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.