account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Stagefright vulnerability found in most (all) Android phones

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 111 of 118
Message 111 of 118

Re: What is the vulnerability status for phones that Sony has...

yeah, this is a sony hosted user based forum with mods who save sony at all costs.

this forum is like an orwell book.

Emperor
Message 112 of 118
Message 112 of 118

Re: What is the vulnerability status for phones that Sony has...

@jani1

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 113 of 118
Message 113 of 118

Re: 23.4.A.1.232 stagefright problem

Sony Mobile Communications would like to provide an update in response to the recently publicized security concern known as "Stagefright 2.0". Sony Mobile takes the security and privacy of customer data very seriously. We regularly receive security alerts and patches from our partners, which are released to Xperia users as part of ongoing routine software maintenance. The issue known as "Stagefright 2.0" is a part of this and the corrective firmware will be rolling out through our retail partners within regular scheduled software maintenance, with exact timings varying by region and/or operator.

Users can take steps to protect themselves by exercising caution when opening email attachments, opening crafted MP3 audio or MP4 video files and ensuring websites, services and application stores are authentic.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 114 of 118
Message 114 of 118

5.1.1 with stagefright vulnerability

Just got my Xperia Z C6603 back from Sony Support in Germany. Nice job done. Thank you!

They even did an upgrade to Lollipop.

But why isn't Stagefright library fixed in your Lollipop build (3.4.0-perf-gbccb33a BuildUser@BuildHost #1 Fri Jul 10 09:23:01 2015)?

Emperor
Message 115 of 118
Message 115 of 118

Re: 5.1.1 with stagefright vulnerability

@kendo_

Great news

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 116 of 118
Message 116 of 118

Stagefright xperia c4 dual

Vulnerable

Screenshot_2015-11-28-21-13-05.png

Learner
Message 117 of 118
Message 117 of 118

at least pls patch stagefright for c6603

I've understood that sony isn't willing to bring MM to our old Xperia Z. But you could at least install some updates that fixes the stagefright leaks in android. I also have a Tablet from samsung T705 with 5.0.2, and it is not vulnerable.
One time poster
Message 118 of 118
Message 118 of 118

Stagefright fixing

My phone is been infected by stagefright bug 

I need a help