account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Mobile Germany confirms JB for entire 2012 series

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Re: Sony Mobile Germany confirms JB for entire 2012 series

"Why shouldn't people have it if it's available?" is also a good question. Why should they have to give reasons for wanting the latest available update? Better performance with the Butter Project is a good reason alone, why should we have laggy UI?

Also android updates don't only add features, they also deal with bugs and known vulnerabilities of the OS. Why shouldn't we get fixes to those bugs and vulnerabilities?

I agree with most of your posts but I don't see why you are questioning people for wanting JB. Why shouldn't they?

Emperor
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

I'm not questioning in the sense that the update it's not necessary, I have my reasons why the latest android version SHOULD and MUST be rolled out As Soon As Possible and for Sony to drop their UIX and add it as downloaded apps.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Genius
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

Hi,

I can confirm that there has been no official confirmation with regards to which handsets will or won't receive the Android Jelly Bean version.

Any official announcements will be made on our Product Blog -

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/products

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey