account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security patches. How? When? How often?

One time poster
Message 61 of 99
Message 61 of 99

Re: Is there any way to stay on MM and still get security updates?

You're not the only one in this department, my friend, even my Z3C got stuck on that old May security patch and hasn't gotten any new ones since. Clearly here in Slovenia, under Simobil, Telekom and others via PC Companion or OTA, priority is the last thing on their minds, just like in other countries around the globe, poor judgment and lazyness do that often.

Maybe they should start behaving like professionals again and fetch some new customers before they run dry completely.

I don't mind not having Nougat here, but at least the latest Marshmallow patch from December, would be a nice touch.

Apprentice
Message 62 of 99
Message 62 of 99

Re: Is there any way to stay on MM and still get security updates?

I agree totally with you and I hope that we will get at least the December security patch. But to be honest it is to be feared that nothing will be happen. Sony is a company which is well-known not to take care about their customers. I would understand this behaviour if it were low budged devices but Sony is far from it.

Even Samsung provide to their 'old' S5 the security patch for January 2017 and this device was introduced in February 2014.

Let's cross fingers is all what we can do. If we won't get security patches then good bye Sony, never again!!

Learner
Message 63 of 99
Message 63 of 99

when will Jan security patch be released?

Without latest security patch, the phone cannot access corporate email.......
One time poster
Message 64 of 99
Message 64 of 99

Security patches

I'm currently on the December 1, 2016 security patch and every time I check to see if there's an update, there's no new patches. I'm pretty sure there's a February security patch that's out there but I can't get my phone to recognize that there is one.
Apprentice
Message 65 of 99
Message 65 of 99

Re: Security patches

I check about three times per week if there is any security patch but always there's nothing.  I'm still on May 2016. Additionally I have a Motorola Moto G3 (2015) and received this morning the security patch for January 2017. The Moto G3 is a midrange device and my Xperia Z3 Tablet is a high end device. I don't care about Nougat but security patches are important. 

This kind of update policy is unacceptable!  My next device will be no Sony device. 

Apprentice
Message 66 of 99
Message 66 of 99

Re: Security patches

I also keep checking for security updates, it is not optional to update the security patches on a officially supported Android version on devices that are even still under warranty!!! Please listen to your customers and respond in any way!

Message 67 of 99
Message 67 of 99

Security Update for Z3C after Wikileaks/CIA Breach?

The Subject line says it all. 

Are Marshmallow Androids like the Z3C  included in any Sony security updates, once Wikileaks shares the codes? Or are we out of luck because the operating system cannot be upgraded to Nougat?

One time poster
Message 68 of 99
Message 68 of 99

Re: Security Update for Z3C after Wikileaks/CIA Breach?

My Z3 Compact has not received a Security Update since May 2016, considering that a number of vulnerabilities have been identified I find Sony's lack of response unnacceptable. Let me ask would this disregard for customers security be tolerated from Microsoft when it came to a vulnerability in Windows, the media would piller them. With more and more personal and financial data being stored on the phone over your laptop, Android security updates should be a high priority if Sony wants repeat business. After this latest vulnerability outing, I am looking to replace my phone with a Google phone not because of the hardware but because the software is out of date and I am really concerned about having my identity stolen. Come on Sony, you can do better than this. 

Message 69 of 99
Message 69 of 99

Re: Security Update for Z3C after Wikileaks/CIA Breach?

I too am super disappointed by the lack of  customer care and support for this device. Does the inability to upgrade my Z3 to Nougat prevent Sony from security updates for Marshmallow?

Please explain to me why I should stay loyal to Sony's smart phones, when it chooses to not invest in security updates for its customers'phones merely 2  1/2 years after initial purchase?

Is anyone from Sony even reading this?

Commissioner
Message 70 of 99
Message 70 of 99

Xperia XA1 Ultra monthly security patches updates

Hi Community,

The Xperia XA1 Ultra will receive the monthly security patches updates as other devices of X series? 

Or these updates will be exclusively for high end X series' devices?

Thanks.