account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security patches. How? When? How often?

Talent
Message 21 of 117
Message 21 of 117

Re: Security patches. How? When? How often?

Only if your device is still receiving updates and not eol, then they don't give care. Not had one since October last year.

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 117
Message 22 of 117

It's very disapointing to hear the new update doesn't come with newer security patches (which I was looking forward to).

I understand I have made a huge mistake in choosing sony mobile. It is clear that security in general is just an afterthought for Sony.

And that's a shame, as otherwise, the z5 I own is quite ok (I am carefully considerig the adjective to use as right now the bt streaming struggles and skips more often than usual, hehe. Let's just say OK then)

Talent
Message 23 of 117
Message 23 of 117

Most other oem's are probably just as guilty as Sony is in this department
Genius
Message 24 of 117
Message 24 of 117

I was actuall expecting that Sony was going to release monthly patches but seems I was wrong. However, as 1adrian1 stated also other oems stopped delivering patches, my current examples are LG(stopped on May) and Motorola (stopped on April). Hopefully Android/Google will figure out a way to update the os for security patches without updating the whole os..

Who knows if android N will bring this feature.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos smile happy

Wizardry is the key!
Pioneer
Message 25 of 117
Message 25 of 117

Security patch level

I have .73 pack and the Android security patch level is April 1, 2016. Other brands are already updatind to security patch July 2016 (see S7 and S7 Edge). Why is Sony 3 months behind? Does anyone have more updated versions on XA 3111 (or other model)?
Commissioner
Message 26 of 117
Message 26 of 117

nope there all on April security patch still i wouldn't be that concerned yet.
Commissioner
Message 27 of 117
Message 27 of 117

Google just release September's security patch but as alway Sony is slow with everything and we are stuck with April's one. It's kinda oxymoron to what they say that security is high priority for them yahoo

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
GJ9
One time poster
Message 28 of 117
Message 28 of 117

Security patches

I am using xperia z5. I just wanted to know that when will z5 get security updates?
Adviser
Message 29 of 117
Message 29 of 117

Why Sony does not provide timely security updates as released by google

It's very irritating to see that Sony does not update it's security updates while it keeps updating it's What's New application and the Support application every 2 weeks.
Really disappointed by Sony.
Emperor
Message 30 of 117
Message 30 of 117

Re: Why Sony does not provide timely security updates as released by google

Don't forget to send your feedback to Sony >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)