account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Security patches. How? When? How often?

Highlighted
Adept
Message 171 of 201
Message 171 of 201

Re: Security patch update

Its a phased roll-out, not every device gets it immediately

It will come shortly - do not worry!

Visitor
Message 172 of 201
Message 172 of 201

Re: Security patch update

I know that, but im wondering why i can't update when they others can do that, Especially im behind with two update im still stuck in 50.1.a.10.40 When they others with 50.1.a.10.51 more than month ago and now 50.1.a.13.83 rolling out 

That's weird and annoying

Message 173 of 201
Message 173 of 201

End date for security updates?

Does anyone know how long the X Compact will continue to get security updates?

Pioneer
Message 174 of 201
Message 174 of 201

Re: End date for security updates?

Face with rolling Eyes

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Message 175 of 201
Message 175 of 201

Rather than pasting a rolling your eyes emoji, how about you take a stab at answering my question? I'm not complaining that I haven't gotten an update yet (which is what most of this thread is). I'm trying to find out if Sony has a policy for issuing security updates similar to their policy for software updates. From what I read in this thread, that question hasn't been asked or answered.

One time poster
Message 176 of 201
Message 176 of 201

Security patch

wgi

y sony maufactured this xperia r1 without giving Security updates 

Rookie
Message 177 of 201
Message 177 of 201

No more security patches for X Compact?

Xperia X Compact has reached its 2 years support lifetime in September. The last security patch received was in October and it has covered issues prior to September. Does it mean that we will not receive any further security patches for that mobile? If yes, then it's a pity because it is still working very well and to be honest I can't see any reason to upgrade.

Commissioner
Message 178 of 201
Message 178 of 201

End of line for Xperia X Compact software (security) updates?

It would appear that, after about two years post-release, we may be at the end of software (security) updates for the Xperia X Compact.

If so, it would be in line with Sony's general practice.

Is it possible for anyone to confirm this?

One time poster
Message 179 of 201
Message 179 of 201

Re: Security patches. How? When? How often?

so based from what have read and understood..."patches are ony sent when developers know when it is needed...."

Commissioner
Message 180 of 201
Message 180 of 201

It's likely that the X Compact will have seen its last update as of September 1st 2018. This is approximately two years after the phone was released, and is in agreement with what Sony has indicated in the past. More updates would be great, of course, but considering the phone was upgraded from Android 6 to 7 and finally 8, that's not bad.