account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Security patches. How? When? How often?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 161 of 201
Message 161 of 201

Re: xz1 july patch

Hi @askmehowRex, welcome to our forum!

The software version that includes the July security has been released for the Xperia XZ1-series and other devices as well. Keep in mind that all devices do not get the update at the same time as they are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device.

You can also get in touch your Local support team and see if they have some more information as this a Global user based forum and they are the experts on your specific market!

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 162 of 201
Message 162 of 201

Update issue

I haven't received any security patch update since I purchased my xz1 last oct 2017. Is my phone locked or what? 

Pioneer
Message 163 of 201
Message 163 of 201

Re: Update issue

@A24mb

Type on your dialer *#*#7378423#*#* and check Customization version in Software info. Then check that number in the list here https://xpericheck.com/device/G8341 and see if your software version (settings - system - about phone - Build number) matches the version for your customization number. 

Regular
Message 164 of 201
Message 164 of 201

@roadrunny: i I took a screenshot of my software version. How will you assess my phones current state? 

Regular
Message 165 of 201
Message 165 of 201

sketch-1532218607275.png

One time poster
Message 166 of 201
Message 166 of 201

Z5 Dual updates

My Z5 Dual has Customization Version 1299-0224_R1E and Security system version 01 june 2017. Will it receive updates, at least  sept.2017 (blueborne fix)?

Visitor
Message 167 of 201
Message 167 of 201

security patch

I am a user of Xperia XZ. In May month i received May Security Patch and i update it without any problems then in June and July i haven't receive any Security Patch update. Right now what should ul i do for it ¿

Learner
Message 168 of 201
Message 168 of 201

Re: security patch

I have the same problem, and I think that we have to spread some message on social media about this and ask the readers to not to buy this product. This way they will realise. And I think the Sony executive is not giving any attention to these talks. So we have to do that.

Adviser
Message 169 of 201
Message 169 of 201

Where is security patch updates?

We invested our hard earned money into your phone in the hope of we'll get timely security patches update at least but you failed to do so. No security patches updates after 5th March 2018. Why Sony? At Sony,   you are committed to  Security is the top must priority for users but where it is? 

Visitor
Message 170 of 201
Message 170 of 201

Security patch update

My xperia xa2 'H3113' still stuck in security patch 'June'

My phone doesn't rooted or unlocked bootloader

When i check for software update its say im already have the latest update

And why they other devices have updated!!!

Please i need help !!!!