account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Security patches. How? When? How often?

Enthusiast
Message 151 of 203
Message 151 of 203

Sony why you don't answer a question or to you all the same?

Sony why you don't answer a question or to you all the same?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 152 of 203
Message 152 of 203

Sony X Compact: Stuck march patch, bad battery and warming up!

My sony X Compact has really bad battery.

I saw online that there is already the April patch, mine is stuck in March, what's going on with Sony?

Such a great product with such a bad service...

2ko
Learner
Message 153 of 203
Message 153 of 203

Xperia XZ FW update in Israel.

Hi, I'm from Israel
I have Xperia XZ device.
Currently my security patch is of January .

When will be new update released?
Its critical for me since a have corporate work access from the phone.

I already saw that there is update 41.3.a.2.128 worldwide while in Israel its only 41.3.a.2.58 .
When there will be an update ???

One time poster
Message 154 of 203
Message 154 of 203

Update security patch

Please update the security patch of our xa1 plus dual sim! 

Message 155 of 203
Message 155 of 203

Re: Update security patch

There are updates rolling out at the present time, when your region is ready for the update, you will be notified by email and a popup on your xa1 plus.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 156 of 203
Message 156 of 203

Monthly security update

How often I aspect Sony to release monthly security patches or update for Sony Xperia R1 phone.

Learner
Message 157 of 203
Message 157 of 203

no security patches for Sony Xperia Z5 Dual

I've got a Sony Xperia Z5 Dual (E6633) and the last security patches are from September 2017.

Why are no more current security patches available?

It's not acceptable that such a new device is turned to electronic garbage.

Adviser
Message 158 of 203
Message 158 of 203

No security patch update after 5 March

Why Sony you are not providing security patch update. Still having bug in Xperia r1 like send or receiving media files in Twitter and whatsapp cause force stop. It still crashing. Still not Vodafone / Idea/ Airtel voLTE support. Many manufacturers already released the patch Update for this issue. 

Apprentice
Message 159 of 203
Message 159 of 203

Re: Security patches. How? When? How often?

See we do understand security patches are released from dveloper end if it's needed/required for the device to update. But see if a flagship device gets security patches every single month for 2 years or so, then i believe Mid-range n budgeted phones like R1 OR XA1 series should get updates for atleast 1.5 years or more as they are lacking in specs and performance as compared to flagship devices so they need these security patches and the developer team as their back-end support like team; so that every SONY phone user; especially the mid-range user can relieve as having assured back-end support from developer team that even though android update support may be given less, but security updates are always provided UP TO THE DATE every mid-range user that too timely; i mean every single month. 

Visitor
Message 160 of 203
Message 160 of 203

xz1 july patch

still on june patch on my xz1. will the july patch be release before end of july?