account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Security patches. How? When? How often?

Learner
Message 81 of 205
Message 81 of 205

Security patch Xperia x

Just wondering how things work with regards to patches. Only had the phone 6 days and done 4 restarts because of some issues and also i joined the concept software then that is getting taken away, so returned back to stock again 2 days ago and I'm on the February patch, no problem with that but the other people with the same phone and model on concept are saying that the Xperia x is on April's security patch when they go back, is there a reason why mine has not been updated? Different region, Just curious.

Inhabitant
Message 82 of 205
Message 82 of 205

Re: Security patch Xperia x

After skipping March, my romanian X Compact just received April security patch. 

Learner
Message 83 of 205
Message 83 of 205

Re: Security updates for Marshmallow would be nice!

Congratulations Sony!! The security patch for my Z3 Tablet compact has its first birthday (May 2016/May 2017). Well done! Never again a Sony device.  Really poor support. 

Learner
Message 84 of 205
Message 84 of 205

Re: Security updates for Marshmallow would be nice!

I'm out here. I will leave Android since I'm tired to be very much dependent on the willingness of Sony or any other company. If we have luck we get support for a maximum of 3 years (only Google -Nexus). For the Z3 tablet compact Sony provided not even 2 years support which is really weak. This behaviour is typical for company's which use the Android OS regardless of whether the devices are flagships or not. Android ist the worst supported OS.

Bye bye 

One time poster
Message 85 of 205
Message 85 of 205

Security update May 2016

Why i got one year old Security update on my z3C? 

Why are no new Security patches/updates availeble?? 

If you Support your Smartphones only one year, you should announce that.... It's a shame for a Company  to work like you... 

I'm so mad @your Support Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 86 of 205
Message 86 of 205

Not getting the monthly security patches here.. (F5321)

Hello everyone,

I have the device since the beginning of April and out of the box it did 3 updates. Since then I have not received any other security patch, it is still running the March 1 security patch. My model is the F5321 (european purchase) and it is completely stock without rooting or disabling services.

I've seen on XperiaBlog that on April this model (F5321) got the monthly security update and the same happens this days for the May update but I still see nothing under "About phone > software update" nor under "Support > Software information". Also when checking with my device's IMEI for software updates on Sony's support site, again, it says that it is up to date.

The software version is showing 34.2.A.0.333. Also I have to point out that I have purchased it in Greece but once I inserted my Vodafone sim card it downloaded Vodafone's German apps instead of the Greek once.. Could it be exclusively for the german market and therefore not receiving the updates here?

In the broader spectrum, my questions are:

• Are there people with this model number experiencing the same thing?
  • Could I possibly update my device with some other method without loosing anything? (like an OTA)
  • Is there a way to find out from where this exact device came from? (for example Russia, Singapore, Central Europe, UK, etc..)

Any help is extremely appreciated!

Screenshot_20170511-013920.pngThe entire update history

One time poster
Message 87 of 205
Message 87 of 205

Re: Security patches. How? When? How often?

Please give me a windows 7 security patches softwear

Adviser
Message 88 of 205
Message 88 of 205

No security updates

Samsung galaxy s5 and lg g3 released in 2014(even before z3 series)  are still getting security patch updates. What Sony is doing????? It's security patch is still in may 2016.

Adept
Message 89 of 205
Message 89 of 205

Security update?

My last security update is 1 may... After being downgraded from 7.1.1. To 7.0 all updates where gone to? 

Du to doing all sorts off financial things on my Sony the phone needs to be up to date... Am I "safe" to do so? 

Message 90 of 205
Message 90 of 205

Re: Security update?

If you purposefully downgraded, you won't recieve security updates as they are inclusive of later builds.

If you want latest security, update firmware as it becomes available. 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.