account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Security patches. How? When? How often?

Commissioner
Message 71 of 201
Message 71 of 201

No March security patches on Italy

Hi Community,

Today is the 24th March and, after two weeks from the release, the March security patches are not arrived in Italy yet!

Anyone of the Sony's moderator or other can give me an answwr about?

There are some problem with the international or european roll out?

Thanks!

Inhabitant
Message 72 of 201
Message 72 of 201

Re: No March security patches on Italy

Neither in Romania.

Adviser
Message 73 of 201
Message 73 of 201

Google Security Updates for Z3C

Okay, we won't get Android N, but are there no security updates for the Z3C?

Mine is still on may 2016!!! Sony, this is your job!

One time poster
Message 74 of 201
Message 74 of 201

Security update

Is there any security update there for z3 plus in india ?

Adviser
Message 75 of 201
Message 75 of 201

Re: Security update

There was an update released last week with March 2017 security patches. You can check for the update on your phone or through Xperia Companion on Mac and PC.

Learner
Message 76 of 201
Message 76 of 201

Security updates for Marshmallow would be nice!

Sony please do not forget this phone.

Talent
Message 77 of 201
Message 77 of 201

Android security patch level

Hi. My Z2 Android security patch level is  May 1,2016 . Why is it so so OLD. Shouldn't it be newer. And by the way what is the meaning of The Android security patch level? Thanks.

Learner
Message 78 of 201
Message 78 of 201

Re: Android security patch level

Hi,

My Z3 Tablet compact has still security patch May 2016. It is unacceptable not to get security patches periodically. Okay we won't get Nugat. I don't care about Nougat but security patches are important. They have sold these devices until the beginning of 2016 ( I've bought mine in February 2016) and they stopped updating the software a few months later. If I replace my device it will never be a Sony device. Without having actual security patches it is electronical scrap. I am deeply disappointed about Sony. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 79 of 201
Message 79 of 201

Re: Security patches. How? When? How often?

I feel your pain. I bought an XA Ultra less than a week ago. I have the latest build (36.0.X.2.109), but my Android Security Patch Update is still on September 2016. I reinstated the phone to original factory settings via Xperia Companion, then the phone updated again. I still have the same security issue. I then researched Google (Alphabet, Android - or what ever you want to call them these days), and they pointed out that it is not up to the carrier to roll out these updates as I have been told in the past, it's up to the manufacturer to do so based on security compliance with Android software, which are to be rolled out monthly. 

This being said, this is my first Sony Smartphone - I am not pleased with Sony. I could care less about Android N (7.0, 7.1) because I use this phone as a business line and I am concerned about receiving files from my clients to save to Google drive through the device and their information, and my own information for that matter, being compromised. Since anti-virus software is only a layer of protection and Android Updates are embedded into the OS, I find this very misleading for Sony to stick AVG Anti-virus software on the XA Ultra and call it 'secure'. 

Commissioner
Message 80 of 201
Message 80 of 201

No monthly security patches as Sony promised

Hi Community,

I report my bigger disappointment and lost of trust in Sony for its missed promise to update monthly its devices. 

My X Compact in Italy doesn't receive security patches from February and this is a enormous joke from Sony to me and other users that trusted in its words.

The worse thing is that also no one from Sony's support answer to this aspect of the support.

Very very disapponited; I think I will buy a Nokia phone next time that garantees monthly security updates.