account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revert Android 7 upgrade to Android 6

Inhabitant
Message 11 of 62
Message 11 of 62

Re: Undo nougat update

Yes but you can't use Sony software such as Xperia companion to do it. You'd need flashtool and the correct ftf file. Not something you should do of you don't really know what you are shopping you could brick the phone.
Inhabitant
Message 12 of 62
Message 12 of 62

Also you will void the warranty
Learner
Message 13 of 62
Message 13 of 62

My point is Sony provided a defective upgrade. It's a standard practice in software to provide a roll back option in case the upgrade is faulty. I'm asking for this roll back option. It's not an insane request. This is a standard software practice
Forum Legend
Message 14 of 62
Message 14 of 62

no, it isn't standard practice to rollback devices when an update goes awry. software update fixes this things. and stated here: http://www.xperiablog.net/2017/01/20/sony-appears-to-have-pulled-android-nougat-firmware-for-xperia-...

it has been pulled out and will roll out after the bugs has been fixed.

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
One time poster
Message 15 of 62
Message 15 of 62

Hi guys, I'm also having problems after upgrading my z5 to nougat. My phone is getting hot and freezing or running very slow. It sometimes freezes when using the fingerprint reader (so disabled that - but didn't change things.) I'd prefer to go back to marshmallow - is that possible? Is Sony going to fix this issue? My old Z2 is a far better option at the moment. Very disappointed Sony!!!!
Learner
Message 16 of 62
Message 16 of 62

I meant industry best practice....
https://www.techopedia.com/definition/6119/backout-plan

I'm aware that they removed the update because of the flaws. But they should also provide a means for undoing their faulty upgrade
Learner
Message 17 of 62
Message 17 of 62

Nougat update problems on z5 Family

Good Day, I recently updated my z5 premium dual to Nougat  (Middle east) , and at very next day you pulled out the software from the server for a  specific reason that might affect the phone performance . I believe you should tell us if we're supposed to roll back to the previous version or wait for another update to fix the glitches?  and how long do you think it's going to take to make those fixes?

Regular
Message 18 of 62
Message 18 of 62

Re: Nougat update problems on z5 Family

Why is Sony not providing a solution for these problems?  It is a standard  software and server industry practice to provide the tools or the means of rolling back any firmware change. It is true that this is not very standard in the smartphone industry but it should be.

If not you at least should disable the default option  of automatically upgrade the system software upgrade which comes generally activated by default. 

Please Sony can you be more transparent  and inform better your registered users of  known problems so we can make an assessment on to wether to update or to wait a bit since first service update for a new release is released.

Thanks for your help.

Commissioner
Message 19 of 62
Message 19 of 62

Boy am I glad I didn't get an update notice.  Z5 unlocked, German firmware, phone used in USA on AT&T.

I can't believe all the bad news I'm reading here regarding Nougat update.

Bob H

Regular
Message 20 of 62
Message 20 of 62

I wrote an email to sony support at Arab Emirates and received a gently answer:

We apologize for any inconvenience, we received some reports regarding issues appeared after the Nougat update so we are working on fixing those issues and the update will be released again soon.

For the latest news, information and product support please visit www.sonymobile.com.

If you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to respond to this email.

I have responded asking for some more details but got no answer. yet.

regards,