account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Pls release next ICS update fixing current Errors

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Pls release next ICS update fixing current Errors

Am uttrely dissatisfied with the ICS update for Sony 2011 phones. Eagerly upgraded my XPERIA ray the day the update was pushed in India. Only to get bogged down by lagging screens, a couple of phone freezes / crashes a day and fast battery drain.

Sony should either give a way to rollback to Gingerbread, or fix the most obvious problems and push the next update a.s.a.p.

Until then, am left with the annoying feeling that my phone could have frozen anytime while I am not looking at it, and I have become unavailable ! What use is a smartphone, if it cant be available as a 'phone' all the time, forget even the 'amart' part ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Pls release next ICS update fixing current Errors

I suggest that you try the software repair feature via PC Companion.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Our developers are working on an update but unfortunately I do not have any info about estimated release.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

I suggest that you try the software repair feature via PC Companion.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Our developers are working on an update but unfortunately I do not have any info about estimated release.

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Thats great news!!! Will the Video Recording shuttering will be solved in the next update and do u have any info about this update will come through OTA or again its going to thru PC Companion only.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Hopefully, it will be an OTA, and will solve all the issues. But as Johan said, no information about eta Slightly frowning Face.

@Johan: We are eagerly waiting for a corrector update of the 4.0.3, firmware bugs, and hopefully it will be the latest Android version as well (4.0.4).

I know you can not really give us any idea of the estimated time remaining for the update to get prepared, but Johan, you can create a new account here, by some other name, (an acoount which does'nt tell us that you are from the Xperia Support team), and write a post like:

"IMO, the 4.0.4 update should come realy soon. May be the end of next month (on 27th or 28th), it will start rolling out for the Arc S, Neo V and the Ray, along with the Xperia S. I really hope they release it soon. I am waiting for the update on my Arc S (or whatever's your favourite phone)."

Or something of that sort, so we get an idea, but we do not know that its Sony Support team who is giving the eta. That will help us to keep us cool, as we are really excited for the updates, and at the same time, you will not be going into making promises. Winking Face

Thank You

PS: I honestly do not expect anything of that sort to happen. Just typed all that out. Remove the coment if I am spamming. Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Actually, I prefer it not to be OTA. If it won't be a rock stable update, OTA is my only way to roll back to a rooted GB .62 firmware. :smileygrin:

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Please SONY, the update not even arrive to the mdpi phones..... and a lot of people is sayng about problems...

I don't think that these problems can't be fixed, please say something to calm us down....

We need a 4.0.4 with all problems fixed, we trust Sony, just calm US DOWN please.

I can't believe it.... how can a update do a "Downgrade"?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Thanks Johan !

I've used the Repair Phone option and the phone has been running without any crashes for 2 full days now. Even while keeping it in my trouser pocket while jogging for over an hour, with GPS tracking functioning !!

And the visible lag on swipes across home screens is reduced too.

But I still do notice a significant (3 to 4 seconds) lag when clicking on either the 'Phone' or 'Contact' icons, before the resultant screens get filled up with the call history or contacts. Would be glad if this is fixed in the next update.

You guys at Sony are doing a great job providing these updates as promised.

Best regards

Ram

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

really do not understand the policy adopted by sony ... why not release the update for everyone at the same time??? is more embarrassing than from a company as big as Sony ... that's why I got rid of the Xperia ray mess and I got an iphone ... plus I do not understand how a phone with a large battery  and smaller screen and all functions take off resist one day and a half ... there is a saying ... cheap things are the most expensive ... and you are cheap sony ... eight weeks have passed since launch ics ... and no update for orange romania

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

My advice is to buy yourself something serious ... for example ... a 4s

There are two types of cars ... Mercedes and other cars
exactly the same thing happend to the phones...iPhone and other mobile phones ...

Emperor
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

the issue in this case most likely is Orange Romania, it takes longer to get an update if it has to be a tested and approved by a network.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)