account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Oreo Bluetooth issues (Problem with pairing etc)

Enthusiast
Message 60 of 382
Message 60 of 382

Re: XZ1 bluetooth woes

Setting my phones bluetooth to this setting seams to have fixed it for me. And for a few others. As i found the fix not to long ago on another post too. 

Inhabitant
Message 61 of 382
Message 61 of 382

For some it does, yes, but not for all unfortunately (Like me ^^)

One time poster
Message 62 of 382
Message 62 of 382

I have the same issue with my beats headphones, the phone locks up and re-starts.

Sony Please fix it or you will be getting it back.

Regular
Message 63 of 382
Message 63 of 382

Re: After Oreo update, cant get bluetooth (media) working in my Mini

Same problem here. Updated xz premium to oreo earlier today. 

Nav bar no longer autohides on things like chrome and Bluetooth not working at all on 1.6 in my BMW and only occasionally working... Slowly... On 1.5. (I've yet to try 1.4).

This needs an urgent fix, it affects handsfree calling as well. I really hope it's not something that takes months in 8.1 but rather a direct bug fix in the coming days! 

Enthusiast
Message 64 of 382
Message 64 of 382

Oreo Mini Cooper Bluetooth Problems

I don't know where to to post this. Since the Oreo Update the Mini Cooper (Current Generation) does not work over Bluetooth anymore. It sees the phone and I think it gets contacts over Bluetooth. But when I want to play music, it does not receive it. I tried repairing and restarting the phone but something about Oreo Bluetooth it doesn't like. What can I do, it's such basic functionality! 

TJA
Learner
Message 65 of 382
Message 65 of 382

@Quester,

I changed it to 1.4 and it works fine now (1.5 didnt work). And it is also lightning fast when connecting. When I start my Mini, within a few seconds it plays my bluetooth audio!

It is a shame that 1.6 isn't working yet, with the addition (finally after xx years) with cover art. But then again I guess the system were you connect to must also support 1.6 😀.

Thanks again, this is really something I cant miss.

Tom

Message 66 of 382
Message 66 of 382

@TJA

Thanks for the update Slightly smiling Face

Would you kindly edit your post to correct the type here:

@TJA wrote:

@Quester,

I changed it to 1.4 and it works fine now (1.4 didnt work)...

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

TJA
Learner
Message 67 of 382
Message 67 of 382

Yes, changed it, was a typo. 

Regular
Message 68 of 382
Message 68 of 382

Will be interested to see if the issue for the other poster is permanently solved. 

1.6 doesn't connect at all. 

1.5 works once then requires reboot and repairing. 

1.4 works similarly to 1.5 but after the second reboot, can't even detect the car. 

Serious problem! 

TJA
Learner
Message 69 of 382
Message 69 of 382

@emperork,

Do you have a mini or bmw? Maybe a latest install of the connect firmware of your system will help. A few months ago I updated mine. Check the mini / bmw site for update. Or otherwise a visit to your dealer?