account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Oreo Bluetooth issues (Problem with pairing etc)

Learner
Message 361 of 382
Message 361 of 382

Re: Oreo Bluetooth issues (Problem with pairing etc)

I can pair my XA2 with my Pioneer MVH580BT, it displays metadata and the phone calls seem to work, but even though it seems that the music is streaming (can change, stop tracks etc.) no sound is coming through. A serious bummer SONY, this is definitely not inspiring confidence, especially since this is a well known issue among plenty of Xperia Phones.

My girlfriend paired up her Samsung S6 with zero issues, everything worked as it should, Iphone7 also paired up fine, therefore taking into account the other numerous complaints the fault is in SONY and their cr*p software.

The only good part is that I got this phone for free from work, the bad part is that I was pleasantly surprised how good it was until this point. Not going to buy another Sony phone.

*New software update released on 04.08.2018, and the issue persists. Appearantly BT worked some updates back, so yeah. GREAT JOB SONY, awesome.

In addition - with the recent updates I also am unable to mirrow my phones screen to smart TV`s.
EXCELLENT JOB SONY. 

One time poster
Message 362 of 382
Message 362 of 382

Same problem without any solution yet.

A nightmare using bluetooth

One time poster
Message 363 of 382
Message 363 of 382

Re: XZ1 bluetooth woes

Exactly!  Happened after the Oreo 8.0 update and now disconnects all the time

One time poster
Message 364 of 382
Message 364 of 382

I have an Mitsubishi Outlander with a inbuilt bluetooth system before the update it dropped out sometimes but since the update on my Sony Xperia XA1 the system hasnt paired up with my phone, i need help asap.

Regular
Message 365 of 382
Message 365 of 382

Dear SONY,

Please bring back AVRCP 1.3 to Android Oreo or Android P on Xperia XZ2. Many cars bluetooth just won't work right with version 1.4 (default).

A simple and effortless solution for a big problem.

Thanks,

Mat

One time poster
Message 366 of 382
Message 366 of 382

Hi!
I have Golf 7, 2013, with Composition Media audio. Phone Sony Xperia XZ1 don`t show mp3 cover via bluetooth connection.

One time poster
Message 367 of 382
Message 367 of 382

Xz1 user here... It connects to Audi but doesn't work on my good old Toyota Celica... I've a jvc kdr863bt installed on it. My xz5 did work fine. But now, even my wife's xz2 doesn't work..  The car and phone both can see each other,  pass keys are the same on screens. And yet they don't connect. Saying that the pass key is wrong on my phone screen. I can't change pass key either ..it generates automatically...

Seriously Sony.. What's wrong with your devices ?

One time poster
Message 368 of 382
Message 368 of 382

After updating to Oreo the XZ Premium device has problems with:

* Audio A4 b9, the audio stops playing. No issues with XZ2 on the same car and  no issues before the update.

* B&O Bluetooth headset: Bluetooth audio stops randomly than recovers. No issue before the update.

Probably Sony knows about the issue they just don't care, you should buy the XZ2.  This makes the customers easier to decide between XZ Premium or XZ2, or not to buy Sony at all.

People complaining here over 30+ pages and no adequate response or fix. Sony, why have this forum at all?

Rookie
Message 369 of 382
Message 369 of 382

Re: Bluetooth won't connect

My phone developed Bluetooth issues after the latest update. It seems this may be a widespread problem unfortwith no suggestion of a fix :-( I'm so annoyed I've only had this phone 4 months and it connected fine after the download bam loads of issues..... They replaced the phone 2 days ago, it worked perfect and connected, did the update and same problem again. Now I'm stuck in a contract with a dodgy phone that doesn't do what it should. 

One time poster
Message 370 of 382
Message 370 of 382

Re: Bluetooth won't connect

It's a real problem no doubt caused by the Android 8 update. Before, I could connect to my Nissan Juke fine, then I updated and lost all metadata ie no track details being displayed, and I could not use the steering controls to change tracks. Then I enabled Developer mode and rolled back the Bluetooth profile to an earlier version. Now at leat I get all my track data and the Nissan car stereo works as before. Unfortunately, the Bluetooth pairing is now very unreliable. Sometimes, it will connect. Most times it won't and I have to select my device. And then most often than not I will get a Bluetooth fail. The only way round this is to delete the pairing and re-pair again - hardly convenient having to do this each time I start the car?? So even reverting back to an earlier Bluetooth profile won't fix the problem?

Update : I now have to delete pairing and re-pair Bluetooth connection on the Sony every time I start the car Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face