account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Oreo Bluetooth issues (Problem with pairing etc)

Learner
Message 10 of 382
Message 10 of 382

Re: Track information over Bluetooth (AVRCP) not updating.

I have to confirm, 

My Toyota Audio System works perfect with Z3 and now when i'm using XZ Premium song titles with artist information and album cover isnt updated. Really annoing.

Rookie
Message 11 of 382
Message 11 of 382

same issue (metadata including title/artist/album, as well as song duration not displaying correctly) with my Xperia XZ Premium with 2015 Mazda 3 running latest Mazda Connect FW.

My previous phone, a Xperia Z Ultra (5.1.1) and my wife's Xperia X (7.x) are both doing fine for this same Mazda.

Rookie
Message 12 of 382
Message 12 of 382

Recently I have updated a new version of Xperia firmware. And now, the bluetooth doesn't work, the audio is cutted and distortioned (calling and playing music).

Learner
Message 13 of 382
Message 13 of 382

When this will be fixed? Very confusing that my older Z3 bluetooth works without any issue and XZP don't.

Message 14 of 382
Message 14 of 382

Really annoying that Sony is staying tightlipped about this problem? 

The twitter team has acknowledged there is a problem but when it comes to replying to any message about solutions etc, they suddenly stop giving any info.

Regular
Message 15 of 382
Message 15 of 382

Bluetooth issue XZ Premium

I own Jabra Stealth, Plantronics Discovery 975, QCY-Q26, Archer AH05 and Motorola Whisper headsets. All different Bluetooth versions.  I tried all of them with my Sony XZ Premium. Have tried both single and multi device mode and always some issues. It disconnects pretty often, also sound is breaking both during a call or while watching youtube or listening to an audio no matter what is the player app. Sometimes it takes a headset unusually long to connect to the phone, sometimes doesn't connect at all.  Sometimes it improves after restarting phone, headsets or bluetooth restart then spoils again without any reason. Done all the software updates. Running Android 7 now.  Nothing helps. All of my bluetooth headsets work just fine with my old Xperia Z3. What do I do to fix that? 

Genius
Message 16 of 382
Message 16 of 382

Re: Bluetooth issue XZ Premium

@Alex2308 Bluetooth technology between Z3 and XZ P is different, the XZ Premium uses an improved version of it but ti could be that there is an app disrupting it's functionalities. 

Did you try restarting the phone in safe mode? Sound it better? Can you try also disabling WiFi? 

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Regular
Message 17 of 382
Message 17 of 382

@YoGem Thank you! First, I entered Safe mode but there were the same breakings of audio using Youtube exactly as I had before. So it's not any 3rd part app, that causes troubles with Bluetooth. Then, not yet restarting my phone, I simply switched OFF Wi-Fi as you recommended and glitches are gone! You helped me very much, now I consider using just my cellular Internet, never switching ON my Wi-Fi, though I am going to pay more every month. Because before, at my gym when there was no Wi-Fi at all but Wi-Fi was ON there were the same glitches. So as a proud owner of the high-end flagship of Sony, the face of the company, you really should choose what to use, Wi-Fi OR Bluetooth. Pretty strange, huh? Obviously that's what Sony guys should solve ASAP.

Apprentice
Message 18 of 382
Message 18 of 382

Hello ! I have just changed smartphone and now I have got a new XZ Premium. I have a problem with bluetooth connection with SmartBand Talk SWR30: when I switch off the bluetooth connection on the XZ Premium, the SWR30 continue to stay connected ... I must switch off SWR30 and switch on again to get it disconnected !!!

With my old Z5 Premium (same Android version, 7.1.1), it was all fine. Can someone help me ?!?

Best regards from Modena (Italy),
 Ivano Venturi

Genius
Message 19 of 382
Message 19 of 382

@TheDoKtorCiao Ivano, salutami la mia bella Italia Slightly smiling Face

Can you please try to restart your phone in safe mode#?

But that should not be the issue, seems mostly a problem related to the smartband rather than the phone..

Willing to factory reset the SWR30? I mean, if you switch off Bluetooth from the XZp obviously there is no Bluetooth but the band still show it is connected.. So yeah seems to me an issue with the band. Try the factory reset, se il reset non fa il miracolo beh... Facci sapere! 

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!