account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Oreo Bluetooth issues (Problem with pairing etc)

Message 260 of 381
Message 260 of 381

Re: Bluetooth issues with music/calls.

OK that's interesting as I have garmin Connect and a fenix 3.  I may try uninstall and see if that fixes it, however, the main reason I have the headphones is for my workouts so if I cannot have 1 without the other is a bit pointless.  I'll try later this week and let you know. Thx

Highlighted
Genius
Message 261 of 381
Message 261 of 381

Re: Problem bluetooth pairing in my car

@Devin22b not had any problems with mine....the rebooting sounds strange, try having your phone in Safe Mode to see if there are any 3rd party apps interfering πŸ€”

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008

Apprentice
Message 262 of 381
Message 262 of 381

Bluetooth issue: no media audio

In my work truck, I had a Pioneer head unit. It worked wonderfully with my HTC 10, before I got the XZ Premium. The XZ kept having issues with the bluetooth audio cutting out every so often. Not a big deal for music, but very annoying when listening to a podcast or audio book. I tried the HTC out again on it, and now I was having the same problem on both phones, so I determined there must be something wrong with the head unit. I had another HU available from a vehicle I'm about to sell, so I swapped them. On the HTC, the new HU works flawlessly. But on the XZ, I get no audio. All apps do the same thing; they play the song/podcast/whatever, I can control it from the HU, but no audio. No other bluetooth devices have this issue. Any idea on how to resolve this?

Pioneer
Message 263 of 381
Message 263 of 381

Re: Bluetooth issue: no media audio

Hi @Speedwagon98;

Try going to Settings >Device Connection >Bluetooth >Select the cog wheel at the right of your HU>See if multimedia audio is selected. 

Learner
Message 264 of 381
Message 264 of 381

Well removed garmin app and i think problem is solved for me, i also have fenix 3 hr.

Tried re installing garmin, no help. I guess i wont be using garmin connect. I use garmin to gps track biking routes so dont need to use speaker/phones. Main use is bt speaker at work. 

Apprentice
Message 265 of 381
Message 265 of 381

Yes, it is. I have checked and unchecked several times. Paired and unpaired several times.

Pioneer
Message 266 of 381
Message 266 of 381

@Speedwagon98;

Have you tried to see if it works in Safe Mode? Just to discard any third party apps influence.

Apprentice
Message 267 of 381
Message 267 of 381

I have not. I'll give that a try.

Message 268 of 381
Message 268 of 381

@Jyrmy

Could you try going to Settings -> Lock screen & security -> Location -> Scanning -> turn off "Bluetooth scanning"? Then install the Garmin app again and test if you have the same issue? Just to check if there's something broken with the app and this option when they run together.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 269 of 381
Message 269 of 381

Settings -> Lock screen & security -> Location -> Scanning -> turn off "Bluetooth scanning"? Then install the Garmin app again and test if you have the same issue?

Did not help, still can't use bt audio, and Garmin Connect together.

Every 20-40sec period sound cuts from few milliseconds to maybe 1 second. i dont use bt for calls so cant verify if that occurs too. 

Tried with 2 different bt speakers ( JBL charge 2+, and Fender Mustang guitar amp)    

But bt sound seems to be fine without Garmin Connect. So partially solved for me.  

EDIT: forgot, Garmin Connect and BT audio works just fine in my other phone, few years old Sony Z5 so somekind of compatibility issue with xz2 or maybe android 8 .0 ?