account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Oreo Bluetooth issues (Problem with pairing etc)

Regular
Message 230 of 382
Message 230 of 382

Re: Bluetooth Audio

OK, my device seems to default to AAC for this particular headset I am using. it is possible that your device is not supporting AAC? You can tell as it says Streaming:AAC - not by what the toggle says.

What is the bluetooth device you are trying to use? Model number etc.

Then finally, what build are you using? I am on 50.1.A.5.59

Learner
Message 231 of 382
Message 231 of 382

Re: Bluetooth Audio

It's probably the device setting it back to SBC. It says Streaming: SBC even if I try to change it to something else.

The device is my vehicles Dodge Dart 2013 Uconnect 8.4 system. System is 50.1.A.5.59 and it was the update before this one that started the problems.

Additional things I've tried since original post. I've verified its not just Google play music by trying different apps all have the same issue. I've downloaded albums from Google straight to my device to verify it's not a data or network issue. I've tried an older version of Google play to make sure it also doesn't work. Still stuck with using aux. Nothing works.

One time poster
Message 232 of 382
Message 232 of 382

Re: Bluetooth connecting issues on my car

I also have a problem with the xz2 in my car. The music stream drops often. If i put my phone down beside the gear shift, it keeps the connection.

Regular
Message 233 of 382
Message 233 of 382

Bluetooth issue after update- still got problems

I am unable to connect via bluetooth to the car. When I first got the phone in December it would pair but not connect. I searched for advice from both the O2 shops and Sony support forum, one of which suggested that I go into developer solutions and change the bluetooth version to an earlier version than the phone was set on. This was successful and the phone was able to connect to the bluetooth system in the car no problem. However, since the automatic software update in March the bluetooth problem has returned and I have been unable to resolve the issue. I have tried changing the bluetooth version, restarting the phone, deleting the previous pairing and stopping all app location access. Please can you help? This issue is very frustrating.

One time poster
Message 234 of 382
Message 234 of 382

I also have this issue and its due to android 8.0

On internet, many people who have received this update are complaining about the same issue. Luckily, this issue has been resolved in android 8.1

Hope sony releases the update. 

Visitor
Message 235 of 382
Message 235 of 382

Call history not shared with car via bluetooth

Hi,

once I am connecting my Xperia XZ2 with my car the contact list as well as messages are being shared. The call history is not shared what is serious issue. It worked perfectly fine with my old Xperia Z. What could be the reason? Should I wait for a firmware update? Sony please advise.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 236 of 382
Message 236 of 382

Bluetooth dissconecting headset

Hi since I bought phone that is about 1 mount sometimes during call or without calling when headset is on my ear I have message Bluetooth disconnecting and after few minutes connecting back but during call I cannot switch call to phone is  anybody expired the same issue I was using few headset and all they thermae 

One time poster
Message 237 of 382
Message 237 of 382

Bluetooth connecting issues on my car

I had the same trouble with my XZ2. Bluetooth totally can not connect to my car. The old Sony XZ could do it very well. It showed incorrect pin code, but there is no a procedure to key pin code during connection. Really very disappointed. 

If the problem has been resolved in android 8.1, Hope Sony release the update soon. There is a software update in recent days, but still not resolve this problem. Sad.

H1R
Apprentice
Message 238 of 382
Message 238 of 382

Bluetooth issues with music/calls.

Having an annoying issue with bluetooth connected devices. I have bluetooth headphones paired with my my phone and everytime I play music or make a call, the sound will drop out every 20-30 seconds or so. I've restarted/reset my phone but still the problem persists. Everything else seems to work fine however this bluetooth issue is really annoying. 

Emperor
Message 239 of 382
Message 239 of 382

Re: Bluetooth issues with music/calls.

@H1R

Could you elaborate a bit more? 

when you say "everytime I play music or make a call, the sound will drop out every 20-30 seconds or so."

Are you saying that the music stop or the volume decrease? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)