account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Oreo Bluetooth issues (Problem with pairing etc)

Visitor
Message 200 of 382
Message 200 of 382

After system update Bluetooth is no longer working

After system update Bluetooth is no longer working
After the last system update 2 days ago, my Bluetooth is no longer working! No devices are found. Connection to paring device (for example, the car kit in the car) is no longer working! Why is that? Restart and new equipment of the device everything already tried!

Nach Systemupdate Bluetooth geht nicht mehr

Nach dem letzten Systemupdate vor 2 Tagen geht mein Bluetooth nicht mehr! Es werden keine Geräte gefunden. Verbindung zu paring Gerät (zu. B. Die Freisprechanlage im Auto) funktioniert nicht mehr! Warum ist das so? Neustart und Neueinrichtung des Gerätes alles schon versucht!

Emperor
Message 201 of 382
Message 201 of 382

Re: After system update Bluetooth is no longer working

@DeDenise

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

Could you test the device in >>> safe mode ?Could you test your device?

Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test

Oreo

Settings > Support > Tests

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 202 of 382
Message 202 of 382

Re: XPeria X Compact Bluetooth crashes all the Time after Oreo Update

Hi there,

just to clarify, I tried all of the tips and tricks from this forum and the rest of the internet, but it did not work at all.

After I read so much about this problem I get a little bit angry, because Sony is facing the same problem with upgrading other Smartphones to Oreo and instead of fixing the problem before further updating they just update other phones and ignore the problems they cause with this update.

@Quester or some other mods in this forum

You step by watching forum guidelines etc. but not leaving a single comment on the problem at all. I am very disappointed on how such known issues get treated here. My wife and I can't use our phone in car hands free anymore, I can't listen to music via bluetooth in my car and all help from Sony I am facing here is a mod pointing to forum guidelines. Yes indeed, some people get crazy about expensive smartphones not working anymore and they forget about beeing polite, forum guidelines and stuff like that, but facing this with an official comment on this like "... we are aware of this problem and trying to fix it asap ..." would work like a charm... is there anything Sony is doing about this issue? Do we have to wait until Android 8.1 or even later?

I am software developer myself and I know bugs getting delivered and how to treat this but I can't see anything that is done here to treat this bug. All Sony smartphones facing this problem and yes I know, this bug was already in Googles Developer Preview, so it isn't really just a Sony problem, but other brands decided not to update to 8.0, they wait until 8.1 or something like that. Please step by here and leave a comment with some news worth reading it.

One time poster
Message 203 of 382
Message 203 of 382

X compact car audio problem

Depuis la dernière version, Spotify s'arrête tout seul et revient après plusieurs minutes. J'ai stopper toutes les notifications mais ça ne marche pas. Qqn qui peut m'aider ? 

Since the last version, Spotify stops by itself and returns after several minutes. I stop all notifications but it does not work. Who can help me?

GT

Learner
Message 204 of 382
Message 204 of 382

Re: After system update Bluetooth is no longer working

I also encounter problems with the Bluetooth that crashes. I activate the Bluetooth and randomly crash and will only connect to Bluetooth devices (my car and B/O speaker) very hard. Have to deactivate /reactivate a few times to make it work   I do not know why. I didn't had any problems before the update. I don't know how to fix it. It apear even in the "assistens" menu as a problem but It can't seem to fix the problem. 

Learner
Message 205 of 382
Message 205 of 382

Re: No media sound from Bluetooth after update

I ask sony support Thailand about solving this matter. They tell me that I have 2 choices. First, I should try to do the system repair. Second, send my phone to the service office to check it. I did the first choice and found it is not work. However, i will not try the second choice. It will be the waste of time. I just think about the next phone. Surely, sony is not the first choice even i want to buy XZ2 so much.

Learner
Message 206 of 382
Message 206 of 382

Sony Thailand, Service is horrible. They don't have a professional to give a recommendation. Every software  problem,they recommend to factory reset or send to service office that could not do anything.

morph

Thailand 

One time poster
Message 207 of 382
Message 207 of 382

Xperia Bluetooth won't connect

I'm on my 3rd xperia, latest Xzp bought today. Won't connect to my Alpine Navigation X008au in my truck, my AV in Audi SQ5 or my JBL Xtreme BTW speaker. All the other versions of Xperia phones I've had including the Xz had zero issues.

Any Suggestions?

My phones are business tools and I'm needing hands free in my vehicles functional ASAP. 

I might add, I am not tech savvy. I buy premium products to avoid issues... 

Highlighted
Sage
Message 208 of 382
Message 208 of 382

Re: Xperia Bluetooth won't connect

Probably those units does not support the latest Bluetooth-version.

Have you tested to change the Bluetooth version as described in post #9 in this thread?

Here is a snip from that post:

"

Mentioned before...many times....has anyone tried to change which bluetooth version you are using to see if it helps?

1st) Turn on Developer options.

Then go to settings > System > Developer options > scroll down to Networking and under there is an option called "Bluetooth AVRCP Version" > tap on it and select one of the other two options and test.

You will need to unpair all bluetooth devices from phone and reboot. Then after choosing another version of Bluetooth re-pair the devices and test version 1.4. If it works great, if  not then repeat the complete process again and try 1.5. Hopefully one of them will fix your issues.

One time poster
Message 209 of 382
Message 209 of 382

I've had the same Bluetooth issues after the update. Very annoying problem as it was working perfectly prior to the software update