account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Oreo Bluetooth issues (Problem with pairing etc)

Regular
Message 110 of 381
Message 110 of 381

Re: After Oreo update, cant get bluetooth (media) working in my Mini

The solution doesn't work on my Ford Fiesta ST and XZP. The artist and song title show up as unknown. With Android 7 everything was OK. 

Learner
Message 111 of 381
Message 111 of 381

Android 8.0 Oreo Bluetooth Skipping

Hello All, 

I have the X Performance and have had it for about a year now. I've loved and preached the Xperia, however recently I've been at my wits end with this phone. 

After the 8.0 Oreo update when my phone connects via Bluetooth to any device it makes a popping noise and skips about 3 seconds of audio about every 3 to 10 seconds (randomly) . This is annoying and can blow out my car's speakers..

I've gone on every forum I could find on this topic and cannot find a solution. I've done everything I have seen and nothing has fixed it. I've even factory reset my phone and it did not fix it.

I'm about to get a galaxy and tell everyone that I can that Sony can't even get a decade old technology called Bluetooth correct. Please help, I love this phone and Xperia phones otherwise,  however this problem is simply unacceptable.

Best, 

Chris

Emperor
Message 112 of 381
Message 112 of 381

Re: Android 8.0 Oreo Bluetooth Skipping

@Silversun38

could you test the phone in safe mode just to narrow down the issues?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 113 of 381
Message 113 of 381

Re: Android 8.0 Oreo Bluetooth Skipping

Thank you for the quick reply, I have tried playing sound casting via Bluetooth in Safe Mode and the skipping still continues.

I've also reset my Network Settings as suggested by another forum.

Thank you again. 

Learner
Message 114 of 381
Message 114 of 381

Re: XZ1 bluetooth woes

Hi

I've tried everything above, even changed the phone for a new one after keeping it for 7 days and same problem, if they're is no official word within the next week I am giving this back.

Regards

Apprentice
Message 115 of 381
Message 115 of 381

Had a software update from Sony today. Problem solved. 

One time poster
Message 116 of 381
Message 116 of 381

Re: Bluetooth issue XZ Premium

I have this problem since i have bought this phone but now I can't take it anymore. I have a Logitech headset H800 with wireless and bluetooth connectivity and I have always paired It with my old Nexus 5x, but with the xzp i I can't. I was hoping that with the 8.0, which I received yesterday, I thought that the situation would be fixed but i was wrong. How Can i fix This? 

Learner
Message 117 of 381
Message 117 of 381

Hey there,

I can confirm that the current updates fix the Bluetooth issue. I don't know about restarting yet.

In Germany the update was released today.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 118 of 381
Message 118 of 381

Is that the January Security update?

Thanks!

Rookie
Message 119 of 381
Message 119 of 381

Re: After Oreo update, cant get bluetooth (media) working in my Mini

Yes, I have tried everything and more from other sites.  There was even another upgrade the other day and it's still a problem.