account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Oreo Bluetooth issues (Problem with pairing etc)

Message 50 of 382
Message 50 of 382

Re: Track information over Bluetooth (AVRCP) not updating.

Try this workaround:

1. Unpair both devices from each other.
  2. Go to Settings -> About phone -> tap multiple times on "Build number" until you enable "Developer options"
  3. Go back to Settings -> Developer options -> Networking -> Bluetooth AVRCP Version -> Choose AVRCP 1.4 or 1.5
  4. Restart your phone
  5. Pair devices and test.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 51 of 382
Message 51 of 382

Re: XZ1 bluetooth woes

I had problems with my XZ1 Compact while using it to play music via bluetooth in my car (BMW). I found a tip in another forum that worked for me.

It said, that you have to enable the devolper options by going to "settings" -> "system" -> "About the phone", after that freqently hit the "build-number" (I think 5 times) until it says something like "you are now developer". Go back to system hit "developer options" and change the bluetooth AVRCP-Version to AVRCP 1.4 (Standard).

Hope this works out for you!

As I have a german language active some translations might not be correct to the last letter, please bear with me.

Highlighted
Message 52 of 382
Message 52 of 382

Re: After Oreo update, cant get bluetooth (media) working in my Mini

I don't know about anyone else but I do NOT have the setting you describe in my developer options for bluetooth.

Inhabitant
Message 53 of 382
Message 53 of 382

Unfortunately, this known fix only work temporarily, if at all Slightly frowning Face

Enthusiast
Message 54 of 382
Message 54 of 382

Re: After Oreo update, cant get bluetooth (media) working in my Mini

Well I do have it, I'm on Oreo Dual Simi version.

Enthusiast
Message 55 of 382
Message 55 of 382

That fixed it! Thanks.

It seems like the track information is updated about 1 sec after the song change, but that's just a minor issue, it's definetely much better than no update at all Slightly smiling Face.

One time poster
Message 56 of 382
Message 56 of 382

Everytime XZ1 connects to my car bluetooth it locks up and reboots.

Apprentice
Message 57 of 382
Message 57 of 382

In my Z5 compact I don't have this menu:

Networking -> Bluetooth AVRCP Version -> Choose AVRCP 1.4 or 1.5

How can I do to find Bluetooth AVRCP version?

Thanks

Message 58 of 382
Message 58 of 382

@Enr71as far as I know, that developer option is only available on Android Oreo.

Apprentice
Message 59 of 382
Message 59 of 382

So I must wait