account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Oreo Bluetooth issues (Problem with pairing etc)

Enthusiast
Message 40 of 382
Message 40 of 382

Re: Track information over Bluetooth (AVRCP) not updating.

Soooo, 4 months passed, new Android system, and the bug is still there... Is there anyone working on it?... It's doesn't seem like an isolated issue. I really thought that Android 8.0 update will finally fix this issue.

One time poster
Message 41 of 382
Message 41 of 382

Re: XZ1 bluetooth woes

I'm having the same problem. Sometimes after Bluetooth app crashes I can't get LDAC connection via Bluetooth though I got Sony MDR-1000X which ofc support LDAC. To fix this I have to remove my headphones from my BT devices list, force stop BT, erease all BT data, restart audio settings app and then connect my 1000X's back again. It's highly frustrating. I hope they'll fix it ASAP...

TJA
Learner
Message 42 of 382
Message 42 of 382

After Oreo update, cant get bluetooth (media) working in my Mini

I own two cars. A Smart forfour, latest model and a Mini Clubman. Before the update my Sony Xperia XZ Premium would not connect to the Smart radio. They 'see' each other, but dont connect after verifying them.(calling and media). In my mini the XZP could connect (media)the 1 st time, and sometimes, on the same day a 2nd time. But usually I had to reset them both other wise it wouldn't work at all. Calling via bluetooth was never a problem, only the media part.

but now after the update, everything is working fine in my Smart!!! But..... now bluetooth isnt working anymore with my Mini!!! Still no media, but also not able to call anymore! Aaarrghhh.

anybody suggestions what to do? This is driving me mad! The xperia xz(not premium) of my girlfriend is working just fine on both systems.

Adviser
Message 43 of 382
Message 43 of 382

Re: After Oreo update, cant get bluetooth (media) working in my Mini

I am not sure, but try restarting your phone and then pair them.

I noticed that after the Oreo update, sometimes, my Mazda 3 wasn't able to connect to my XZP even tho my XZP was already paired with the new updated and it was able to see my car's bluetooth... The pairing just didn't want to happen, the car just didn't detect the phone... so I restarted the phone and then the car was able to connect just fine. I am still kinda testing it, and hoping I won't have to do it each time I'm getting in the car...

TJA
Learner
Message 44 of 382
Message 44 of 382

@alexGolen,

I have tried that already. Also did a complete reset, removing and adding profiles in my car for the bluetooth connection, etc. Still no luck. Will have to wait again for an update I'm afraid. 8.1 should be comming fast I asume to get rid of all the new android bugs. Thank god I have an Iphone (work phone) which always seem to be working. 

Enthusiast
Message 45 of 382
Message 45 of 382

Re: XZ1 bluetooth woes

Ide like to add to the list. Same issues everyone here is having. 

When connecting to my car stereo, i loose the track information. And the hardware skip/play/previous buttons dont work at all. Ive managed to get it working now and then, but it takes me at least 5-10 minutes of forgetting the device and repairing. Turning off bluetooth and back on. More often this causes the bluetooth to crash and i need to restart the phone. 

The stereo is a Sony MEX-N4100BT. Have had android phones for ages, and they all worked with this unit with no issues. 

One thing i do notice, is after a restart i get a message saying "Google connectivity services isnt responding" And then crashes out. Not sure if theres a connection or not. 

Would be nice to get this sorted. Everything else about this phone is great. 

Apprentice
Message 46 of 382
Message 46 of 382

Re: Track information over Bluetooth (AVRCP) not updating.

Same bug in my Z5 compact. It's shameful that Sony don't fix it! 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 47 of 382
Message 47 of 382

Yeah it's pretty upsetting... it looks like the bluetooth functionallity is flawed even for me...  Sometimes I won't even be able to turn on the bluetooth... I have to reboot the phone to make it work. Oh well....

One time poster
Message 48 of 382
Message 48 of 382

I'm having the same issue, not luck finding a quick fix. This Was the only phone I've ever had to work with my car till the update. Now I can't even change songs, I couldn't see the songs data from my old phone but at less I could change songs while driving. 

Message 49 of 382
Message 49 of 382

@S1nn1s

@TJA

@alexGolen

Try this workaround:

1. Unpair both devices from each other.
  2. Go to Settings -> System -> About phone -> tap multiple times on "Build number" until you enable "Developer options"
  3. Go back to Settings -> System -> Developer options -> Networking -> Bluetooth AVRCP Version -> Choose AVRCP 1.4 or 1.5
  4. Restart your phone
  5. Pair devices and test.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.