account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Oreo Bluetooth issues (Problem with pairing etc)

Learner
Message 20 of 382
Message 20 of 382

Re: Track information over Bluetooth (AVRCP) not updating.

Sony! Any chance to fix this?

Message 21 of 382
Message 21 of 382

Re: Track information over Bluetooth (AVRCP) not updating.

Having this issue in my 2017 Vauxhall Astra when using Spotify (any music app actually), not good! Older phones work just fine but my new Xperia XZ dosen't?? Technology is meant to go forwards not backwards! Hoping that there is going to be a fix soon!

I know this is not Xperia XZP related but sounds like a software issue more than hardware...

Inhabitant
Message 22 of 382
Message 22 of 382

XZ1 bluetooth woes

Greetings dear community members!

Recently, I purchased the XZ1 to replace my beloved, yet aging Z, and though most aspects of the change are positive, there's one huge niggling issue holding back the phone.

Even though I use Sony hardware in conjunction with the XZ1 (SB20 bluetooth module with MDR-EX450 headphones attatched as well as occasionally the SRS-XB20 speakers) there is not a single day since the purchase (6th of October) that I have some kind of issue with Bluetooth-

Either the hardware controls don't work, or the devices don't connect, Bluetooth as app crashes (even multiple times, which oddly has it's own error message), which can take up to 20 minutes per day to fix fiddling around with various settings/workarounds

(Restarting the phone, clearing the cache, disabling/enabling bluetooth on the phone and/or device, changing the Bluetooth developer options, "forgetting" the devices etc.).

Nothing so far has worked more than temporarily, which is very annoying.

Furthermore, Wi-Fi has less range/more drops compared to my Xperia Z , but that's a smaller issue I can live with, as well as the audio quality in itself which ranges from duller to more dynamic depending on the track.

All in all I'd be very happy with the phone if Bluetooth would work flawlessly.

I'd appreciate if the official Support forums would take note/ post a a statement whether they are aware and when a fix can be expected, given that the Pixel and Nexus phones had problems as well.

Thank you!

Inhabitant
Message 23 of 382
Message 23 of 382

Re: XZ1 bluetooth woes

Could I please get any Sony official to forward this or give a statement pertaining to this issue?

I lose up to 20 minutes of my time per day to get three Sony products to communicate with each other- something that should only be an NFC bump away. 

I'd appreciate it because it is both quite disappointing and ennerving. 

Thanks!

Rookie
Message 24 of 382
Message 24 of 382

Bluetooth has stopped

All the time on my new xz1 bluetooth is stopping showing a message bluetooth has stopped, close app.

I have a SmartWatch so I need it on.

If I turn bluetooth off the error stops showing. Any advice?

The error has shown three times just writing this message. 

Espen 

Inhabitant
Message 25 of 382
Message 25 of 382

Re: Bluetooth has stopped

You can try to fiddle with the developer settings (For instance, setting Bluetooth AVRCP to 1.4 or 1.5 instead of 1.6) or disable Xperia Transfer, that helped some folks with BT issues (Not in my case, unfortunately).

Emperor
Message 26 of 382
Message 26 of 382

@efosshaug

You could test the phone in safe mode to see if it's a third party causing this odd behavior.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 27 of 382
Message 27 of 382

I tried that in my case, but Bluetooth still keeps crashing from time to time and the buttons on the bluetooth device don't always work :/

Sounds like this is something Google has to fix in general?

One time poster
Message 28 of 382
Message 28 of 382

I'm having the same problems. Also having dramas with slow blutooth and NFC with other Xperias. What a pain in the backside...!

Inhabitant
Message 29 of 382
Message 29 of 382

Yeah, and the October update did not help in my case either Slightly frowning Face

@mods: Can someone please escalate this whether or not this is known and being worked on? Thanks!