account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

One time poster
Message 461 of 521
Message 461 of 521

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

Hello, I got an invitation to update Lollipop on my Z1 and when I did it the phone starting doing the update over and over again until the batery is flat. Everytime it finishes and starts again. I tried to do a hard reset the way is explained on this website and it doesn't work. As soon as it has some batery it starts again the process, it finishes, and 15 seconds later, it starts again.

I am more than happy with this phone, I haven't had one single problem until 2 days ago when I did the update and I have the phone for 2 years and 2 months.

Now I will loose all my information because I can't even access the phone with the USB and I am afraid that I may have to pay for the delivery and repair but the agent I spoke to doesn't know if I will be charged.

One time poster
Message 462 of 521
Message 462 of 521

SorryI have tried for several time to upgrade my z1by pc companion but it doesn't work what can I do please.
One time poster
Message 463 of 521
Message 463 of 521

the phone does not work sometimes charge
Rookie
Message 464 of 521
Message 464 of 521

Battery drainage problem after updated
One time poster
Message 465 of 521
Message 465 of 521

Since updating my phone a week ago I have several problems occurring frequently. Firstly my battery usage is ridiculously high, doesn't last a day. Secondly, every time after I have taken a picture I get an error message saying unfortunately photos has stopped with an option of reporting the problem and then thirdly randomly when I want to make a phone call my phone screen goes dead and the call is dropped. Please help me solve these problems
Inhabitant
Message 466 of 521
Message 466 of 521

Is anything being done to address the volume. I have noticed a reduction in volume during calls and audio playing no matter what settings I use
One time poster
Message 467 of 521
Message 467 of 521

Since the update the performance of my phone has been noticeably poor. The qwerty keypad is poor and I'm unable to use the full functionality of text or the Internet. Example when attempting to press n it automatically back spaces instead! Or it doesn't register I'm touching it at all or inserts different letters! Only been like this since new update. Any help appreciated.
One time poster
Message 468 of 521
Message 468 of 521

Please advise since updating I have 2 problems, the first is I can no longer choose silence option by clicking the side button it onlky gives me 3 choices, re-start, power off and screenshot?  Also when I google anything and then click on the site it says No App or URL, please help!

One time poster
Message 469 of 521
Message 469 of 521

My phone started the download about 3 days ago and it has been doing it ever since. I can't stop the download but it's obviously not completing it. Its driving me mad! I've got a few bugs on my phone like it keeps flicking back to the home screen when in an app. I was hopi
One time poster
Message 470 of 521
Message 470 of 521

I want that version