account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

Genius
Message 431 of 521
Message 431 of 521

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

Hi @Brazilianhero

You haven´t started a new thread posting your problem, you have posted your question in a thread tabout Lollipop updates and that´s why you can´t accept my answer as a solution. But don´t worry about it, I´m glad to read that your problem was solved, enjoy your Xperia device! I´m at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Message 432 of 521
Message 432 of 521

@xavinux, now I got it! Tks a lot again, was a pleasure talking to someone skilled like you! Take care and congrats for your support

Genius
Message 433 of 521
Message 433 of 521

Hi @Brazilianhero

Nothing to thank, I´m here to help others. Enjoy your Xperia device!

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
One time poster
Message 434 of 521
Message 434 of 521

After updating my phone to the new lollipop firmware my phone is over heating and battery dies within a few hours. How can I fix this?
Genius
Message 435 of 521
Message 435 of 521

Hi @Evasin123

Please, try first run a backup of the device information as explained here. Then perform a system repair using PC Companion or Bridge for MAC. This will factory reset your phone and erase all data. You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery. Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off until you are prompted (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device). Start PC Companion -> Support zone -> Update my phone/tablet -> Blue Repair my phone/tablet -> follow instructions. When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button. The repair or reformat process will start. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64 bit operating system adjust settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode -> chose Windows 7 or XP.Keep us updated please, I´m at disposal for any question.

One time poster
Message 436 of 521
Message 436 of 521

I chose to update my Phone with Lollipop 5.1, A week ago and its still not finished. I can't stop or restart the software download. It Just keeps on installing and installing. Never finishing. Why is that? ( I ' ve got internet connected) What can I do??
One time poster
Message 437 of 521
Message 437 of 521

I just updated my Z2cwith a small software update (approx 40 mb). After the process, all the applications saved on th SD Card have vanished, still consuming space on the SD card. Please help!

Learner
Message 438 of 521
Message 438 of 521

Same as RohanP24, my Z3 compact after the update has lost half of its apps, gone from home screens and apps list. Help!
Learner
Message 439 of 521
Message 439 of 521

Just thought I updated with a major Sony update that was available last night (15/10/2015) for my phone in uk. Some of apps missing include Facebook, Twitter, instagram, snapchat!
Yo4
One time poster
Message 440 of 521
Message 440 of 521

How to fixed parse error