account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

Visitor
Message 171 of 521
Message 171 of 521

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

After installing new lollypop in my Z1 have moved some applications to SD card, but now these apps do not work and do not appear in file explorers.

How can I move back these apps to the phone memory and void losing information?

Thank you
Message 172 of 521
Message 172 of 521

@Nano12 Just follow the same path and select move to internal instead of move to SD.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 173 of 521
Message 173 of 521

Updated my ZL (C6502, India) via OTA on Thursday 6/4/2015. In the two days that I've used Lollipop -

1. Phone discharges quicker than KK. Charges slower than KK.

2. No Xloud, ClearPhase. Two of the best features.

3. ClearAudio+ bad sound quality compared to KK.

4. Equalizer, Surround Sound bad quality compared to KK. Almost no bass.

5. Meaningless headset selection in sounds. Why does it matter ? Didn't matter till KK.

6. Smoother and more responsive than KK. Fixed Boom Beach crash on startup.

7. Awesome, fresh new UI. Feels good. A welcome change after a long time of the same monotonous UI started from 4.0.

8. No sound quick setting to switch between, general, vibrate and slient modes.

I have hung on to this device because I love the Sony sound and the crisp display. But you guys really screwed up the sound for me on this one. The sound on KK was awesome. I had to, to my dismay, roll back to KK just for the sound.

The noise suppression microphone on my device is shot. No one can hear what I say unless I turn it off in Call settings. And even then, the volume of my vice is too low. I was told to visit a different service center just because my phone is out of warranty. Plus if I have to fix it, I'm pretty sure, I'll have to pay a hefty price for it.

I have avoided buying an iPhone (even though I am an iOS developer) because of the fixed equalizer presets, no sound customization, and incredulously high price. Please do not make me buy an iPhone. Please fix the sound. All that was needed was to pick up the sound libs from KK and put them in LP. And hope that 5.1 also comes to the older Z series. If the 5.1 update disappoints again in the sound department, I'll have no choice than to either stay with KK or to buy an iPhone.

Regular
Message 174 of 521
Message 174 of 521

lollipop (5.0.2) update for xperia ZR (C5503)

Hi,

I have read a lot about that most say problems, some say there is no, and a few says I had some at the beginig and after a day it is ok.

I updated yesterday with pc companion. firstly when I tried to update, a message appeared and wrote, "you need 1.2 gb free space, you have 1.07"

I checked, in fact it had 2.2 gb. I turned off the phone and restarted, gave the same warning, then I turned off and took out of the battery, and then I turned on, it wanted to begin update.. again I turned off and restarted, waited 30 second and connected to pc and updated..

so after all that, it works perfectly. I always use my phone "stamina on" and "currnet location off" I opened it whenever I need.

at stamina, battery duration 1 day 6 hours, at ultra stamina 5 days 7 hours,  now the battery has got %55 power.

battery usage:

screen %30

and os %10

stand by %5

. and goes on; so there is no problem for my zr c5503

I advise you to restart your phone a few times, and at least once remove the battery before updating.. and use pc companion (but it seems c5502 has got the most problems).

my only problem so far is if you shut down wifi, and open it(click on the wifi button) it may take 10-20 seconds to activate.

I go setting and open there once..

One time poster
Message 175 of 521
Message 175 of 521

Update

Afrer latest update my Phone work slowly
Talent
Message 176 of 521
Message 176 of 521

update to 14.5.A.0.270

I went from 4.4.4. and installed new firmware 14.5.A.0.270 (5.0.2. android version) yesterday,I checked everything and can say that it is perfect,fast and smooth,including Sony Bravia Tv screen mirroring,like in v.4.4.4.

Forum Legend
Message 177 of 521
Message 177 of 521

Re: Update

Try performing a system repair using PC Companion as this will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone and erase all data so best to backup before you begin

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 178 of 521
Message 178 of 521

It is not possible to do that since moved apps no longer appear in Settings->Applications.

Only wrong icons appear.

New update to Lollypop does not improve anything at all.

Slower device + less battery + fail moving apps

Is it possible to return to previous Android version? Obviously, the new one hasn't been tested adequately.

Thank you.
Visitor
Message 179 of 521
Message 179 of 521

I don't think this is the correct solution a company like Sony should suggest.

It is clear that new Lollypop update creates more problems than solutions.

Sony must provide a solution soonest possible.
Forum Legend
Message 180 of 521
Message 180 of 521

We don't work for Sony - We are merely members like yourself so if you have an issue with Sony then tell them direct via the link at the end and to add this is a user led forum - http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman