Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2015-05-28 09:30 PM
2015-05-29 02:54 PM
hi guys for those who received this update can you state the changes you noticed in the update other than the "close all" button for applications. for any other changes you might have noticed please share for the good of the users
2015-05-29 03:26 PM
– Ensured the lock screen / notification bar doesn’t indicate “no service” when the device has coverage
– Added a Sony feature; bringing back the “close-all-button” in the activity menu, so you can easily close all apps at once
– Unblocked devices with server policies (such as Exchange Active Sync for e-mail), to enable the new Lollipop lock-screen notifications
– Ensured the LED light is lit across all sound modes – and no longer offset by “silent”
– Made the necessary fixes to enable the easy movement of content from internal memory to external microSD card (something we saw affecting a few devices)
– Improved messaging functionality in Ultra stamina mode – some conversations could not be opened before in Ultra stamina mode
2015-05-29 08:36 PM
2015-05-30 06:32 PM
2015-06-01 01:14 AM - edited 2015-06-01 01:18 AM
Hi Rum Rai7, Sony do not send email alerts other than through their own app. Be careful that this maybe a spam with malware. Try using PC companion to check for updates instead of waiting for OTA.
2015-06-01 10:58 AM
I agree with you that users should be allowed to disable this notification sound. Perhaps @Rickard could comment on this.
Well apparently @Rickard had nothing to say.... Meanwhile people are annoyed every night because of this silly meaningless thing. I can see with my eyes that I am plugging in the ****ing cable, why do I need to be notified with a sound?
I know this was Google's idea, but if Google employs sad nerds who are all singles and chronic masturbators (and therefore do not appreciate what an annoyance this is) it doesn't mean that Sony cannot fix the problem for us who have a normal life.
As a user, I benefit from this option when putting phone on charging dock. You need some adjusting to make sure it's correctly place especially if you have a style cover attached, and sound alert makes that more convinient. Yet I agree that it can be also a toggle option so people can deactivate it whenever they want.
When the phone connects to the charging dock the screen rotates to landscape so that's another way to check that it is charging without the need of a loud notification.
2015-06-01 12:14 PM
Soon we'll get an update to Xperia Home that will allow homescreen rotation, then sound will be the only indicator (along with charging icon).
Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.
2015-06-02 03:56 PM
2015-06-03 02:38 AM