account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

Commissioner
Message 21 of 521
Message 21 of 521

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update for the Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 Series

And what about sound issues which was mentioned by many users here? Low sound of notifications and incoming calls? Not fix too?

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Emperor
Message 22 of 521
Message 22 of 521

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update for the Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 Series

@mrnino

I can't recreate the issue, most likely you have another issue on your phone, reinstall Lollipop and report back or boot on safe mode and record a video while on safe mode and report back. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 23 of 521
Message 23 of 521

Hi , sounds like good news!

Is it possible to see the full release notes? It would be interesting to see the performance / stability tweaks as well as the new functionality.

Many thanks.
One time poster
Message 24 of 521
Message 24 of 521

Please please please bring back the ability to adjust the strength of vibration alerts for notifications. It's too strong at the moment, and this option was available on Kit Kat.
Visitor
Message 25 of 521
Message 25 of 521

Can you add some more design themes differant colors... some light colors. Maybe teal?
Emperor
Message 26 of 521
Message 26 of 521

@lukas_m

Don't forget to check the playstore for other themes. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 27 of 521
Message 27 of 521

When Sony talks about Xperia Z3, does that include the dual sim version, or is that normally seperate?  If its seperate, will the dual sim also be getting a similar update?

Thanks!

Emperor
Message 28 of 521
Message 28 of 521

@mrnino

Some users are experiencing tethering issues and some others aren't, the same goes for other issues, let's focus on your issue first. Repair your phone with PCC > don't install any app for few hours > and make a video soon after you repair the phone and post it here, report back if you experience the same issue.

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Emperor
Message 29 of 521
Message 29 of 521

@browngeek

It refers to the Z3 not the Z3 dual, if its anything like the lollipop update, it will happen eventually. 

Visitor
Message 30 of 521
Message 30 of 521

I keep getting this notification from memory (suggesting me to transfer) even tough I set it to stop showing... And also the lock screen sometimes lags a lot... I have a Xperia z2
Thanks!