account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

Learner
Message 11 of 521
Message 11 of 521

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update for the Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 Series

only me, or does this happen to anyone else? every time i change setting on phone calendar (set weekend day/start, national day, show week number etc etc) and every time i reboot the phone (i have z1-compact), it revert back to default setting?

One time poster
Message 12 of 521
Message 12 of 521

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update for the Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 Series

Please tell me that Smart Lock has been fixed in this update?

Using the Smart Band to unlock the phone in Kit Kat was a brilliant feature and one of the key reasons I bought a Sony phone at the start of the year.

Since Lollipop it no longer works as it used to. Now all we have is a workaround of disabling the Smart Band and adding it to bluetooth to get the unlock working. Even then it is only temporary.

In Kit Kat we didn't even have to swipe a screen after pressing the power button, it was brilliant.

If a proper fix isn't forthcoming I'll need to downgrade back to 4.4.4 as it was a key feature for myself.

Emperor
Message 13 of 521
Message 13 of 521

@Johan

Nice, now we need the sound/vibrate option on the notification bar quick settings Slightly smiling Face 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 14 of 521
Message 14 of 521

I have had issues with "mobile radio active" for several apps (facebook, chrome) that drain the battery

One time poster
Message 15 of 521
Message 15 of 521

Please bring back the option to select "Flight-Mode", when holding the power-button!

One time poster
Message 16 of 521
Message 16 of 521

@Sony support: My Xperia Z2 D6503 is heating up after lollipop update (23.1.A.0.726) - any suggestions for rectification?

Adept
Message 17 of 521
Message 17 of 521

@nandong: Wrong forum, this is topic for Z3 and Z2 Series.

One time poster
Message 18 of 521
Message 18 of 521

I agree I was annoyed when they removed this for no reason, also I want to profiles to return while holding the power key
One time poster
Message 19 of 521
Message 19 of 521

Hi, I have one issue that I hope'd you'd fix with this update but you didn't. And that's controlling Spotify with SWR10, it used to work perfectly on 4.4 Kitkat, but now it only works and recognizes the walman app.This is really important for me because I used this feature a lot, hovewer I am really disappointed. I know you can easily fix it because it was working before and I hope you will do that in a near future. Other than that, I have no problems with Sony products, thanks.!

Commissioner
Message 20 of 521
Message 20 of 521

Next lollipop update and you didn't fix empty white search icon after long pressing of home button yet. I've reported it after first lollipop update, but as it seems you didn't care. Video here https://youtu.be/2t8xypPTvpw

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop