account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

Highlighted
Message 491 of 521
Message 491 of 521

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

One thing I forgot to mention is, that if you want to get the Marshmallow edition out quicker, you can always download the latest version of Flashtool and Xperifirm for help, the guys at XDA Forum explained that process well, and it will not void any warranty if done properly. Xperifirm also identifies which software build is available for which country and then you pick that build up and flash it using Flashtool. Remember that sometimes software updates via USB cable via PC Companion don't work well, they didn't in my case. For more info on how that gets done, please visit the unofficial Xperia Blog page or you can always try to enlist in Sony's Concept Marshmallow program and see if they get extended beyond just Z3 and Z3 Compact users. They released a promising Beta software build and feedbacks are positive. Currenty limited to some European countries only. I'm glad I was able to help you a little bit more. Good luck.

One time poster
Message 492 of 521
Message 492 of 521

Software

We want to display net workspeed on the notification screen like huwiwe phone's
Talent
Message 493 of 521
Message 493 of 521

Re: Software

No we don't. Speak for yourself, i like my statusbar to be nice and clean, just like stock Android.
One time poster
Message 494 of 521
Message 494 of 521

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - pop up ads on locked screen...!

Hi, since my Xperia Compact Z3 did the latest update (I assume it's the one mentioned above), I suddenly have pop-up ads on my lock-screen....any ideas why this is happening and what I can do about it?

Message 495 of 521
Message 495 of 521

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - pop up ads on locked screen...!

Hi, to answer to your question of pop-up ads on the lockscreen, these may not be in any way related to the latest Z3C update, I'm using this version of software build flawlessly, no ads pop-up here on my phone, but these may be a strong case of infected software, maybe something recently downloaded, when I download for example huge ammounts of game data, sometimes, the installer or downloader interface of the game, breaks privacy settings for just a small ammount of time to deliver ads, knowing that most famous games require an internet connection, it's more practical to look for games that don't ask connections or download data, there are alternatives for them, and through a PC USB upload to the phone's internal storage or memory card, that way, when a game asks for additional data, that data has been previously aquired personally via computer.

It may also be a case of faulty privacy settings, since Google settings identified by a grey wheel on the Android UI, aren't as clever as they would want us to believe, by default Google apps gather large ammount of private data and send them to their servers which can also be connected to some third-party companies that show ads based on our interests and wishes, that setting is overwritten on my phone, I control their actions by myself and by no one else. If I get ads through means, that I was secretly visited by some kind of adware on the internet, I have a strong antiviral solution and it gets the job done properly. Also additional settings by Google default, are blocked by me because I don't trust them enough to stay enabled, since doing just that, my phone's skills and stirdiness have increased quickly. Privacy is something that can't be overlooked, it keeps us secure and isolated from any kind of harm or user violation and it's not to be taken for granted.

Apps that I know I don't use, don't need to be enabled and phone's software hasn't crashed since because of some disabled apps.

Please use one of these suggestions if that helps you getting rid of those annoying ads, otherwise, I'm always reachable.

Please also enable Adblock Plus or some other ad-blocking software on your phone's internet browser, it will decrease any chance of getting quickly infected by adware or other intruders, make sure to have at least one good antivirus, that improves security significantly.

AMC Security or AMC Mobile is developed by Iobit Inc., that program is also installed on my Windows and works like a charm, system stability has never been better on Android Lollipop. You should give it a try and wait for quick results, they do come.

By default Google doesn't let you install other applications that are not trusted by them, those settings are correct, however there are some smaller exceptions as I discovered once back last year.

I hope that ads will be eliminated by these suggestions soon, I will keep-up with the latest news and tricks for getting them off our backs. You can always ask additional help on XDA Forum, those guys are the best at what they do, helping others solving problems.

Good luck in advance.

Message 496 of 521
Message 496 of 521

Hello, about the memory improvements, those were ready for Marshmallow edition, I don't know anything about Lollipop, but Marshmallow shell includes a solution to augment memory space on the phone, by coupling your external microSD card as an internal storage extension, thus combining internal phone memory with your microSD memory card and creating more than enough space for additional programs, games and documents and pictures, we only hope that the Marshmallow edition for XPERIA, will benefit from the same type of interface released through other manufacturers as well.

Regarding other memory improvements, so far, apps are generally found to be nearly impossible to be transfered from the internal storage to a memory card, that's not the phone's fault, apps developers usually decide how their apps should and must behave, in the past limitations might have been the result of the phone's hardware specifications, but not anymore. Statiscally speaking, a handful of well known apps from well trusted developers are possible to be transfered to a memory card storage, others develop their apps to function only on internal storage memory, I find that rather dissapointing, they should improve that capability for more than selected apps.

I hope that developers will see that need for bettering their app environment and improve upon data transfer capability for all Android apps.

For now, the app Transfer2SD is the way to enhance your user experience for transfering data, if limited by app migration restrictions, I hope for a better way to do that, too. As a last resort, if I find some apps don't behave the way I want them to, they go straight to deletion and look for new ones.

Try out these suggestions, they may not be the best, but they work for some.

XT1
One time poster
Message 497 of 521
Message 497 of 521

Hi, I have just updated android to the latest version, however there are some applications and system which differ from prior to update. My main concern is the missing of my phone Sony Xperia Z3+ Stamina Mode function.
Kindly advise if this is part of the upgrade or is there an error?
Message 498 of 521
Message 498 of 521

Stamina mode has been removed.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z4-Tablet/Anyone-got-Marshmallow-32-1-A-1-163-on-their-Z4-tabl...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 499 of 521
Message 499 of 521

Hi, my phone couldn't be switched on after completed a system update this morning, the Andriod icon with "Error" displayed and the device shut down immedietly.  When i plug in the charger the device keeps turning on, display error screen and shut down.  I've tried to hard reset the power but it didn't help.  Please can you advice what I can do?  Thanks, Lammy

One time poster
Message 500 of 521
Message 500 of 521

Can't use headphones on Sony z3 but can hear music via YouTube with out headphones