account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

One time poster
Message 451 of 521
Message 451 of 521

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

Pc Companion software package is useless. It can install, but that is all. None of its functions work. So, this means that my xperia E1 is useless if nothing cam be saved or synced to my XP PC.
One time poster
Message 452 of 521
Message 452 of 521

Since I installed the new update to my xperia z ultra I am no longer able to open mails from gmail in the status bar. When I try to the massage "sorry but android sytem had to be closed" pops up. In my case the german version is "Leider musste Android System beendet werden".
One time poster
Message 453 of 521
Message 453 of 521

I have a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact which I bought from Singapore in 2014.

I moved to the US in september 2015 and I recieved the android 5.0 update build number 14.5.A.0.242.

On the Z1 compact support web page I see that the most recent software build version is as below:

Android version: Android 5.1 (Lollipop)

Latest available software: 14.6.A.1.216

Release started: 2015-11-05

I have not recieved the update notifications of any version after 14.5.A.0.242. When i check for software updates on my phone it tells me the software is up to date. Even when i check through PC Companion it says the same thing that the phone's software is up to date.

Please can anybody help me to get the latest software on my phone?

Regards

Arpit

Learner
Message 454 of 521
Message 454 of 521

Hi
I saw the update was released on the 05112015 but my Z1 still says I have the latest software although it is still KitKat.
Anything I can do please ?
Visitor
Message 455 of 521
Message 455 of 521

I updated to lollypop worse move ever. Now battery doesn't last a day previously 2 /3 days with heavy usage, doesn't retain personalised ringtones, don't like the new way to put on silence and it's overheating frequently to the point you can't put it in your pocket it's too hot. This update has rendered my phone useless and no more than a cheap mobile. How do I reverse the update please?
Visitor
Message 456 of 521
Message 456 of 521

Also forgot to add my phone also said my memory card was corrupted and it doesn't show any data I have lost loads of stuff.
One time poster
Message 457 of 521
Message 457 of 521

Mine is sony experia z ultra, its also overheating and its not fully charge overnight.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 458 of 521
Message 458 of 521

There are no Arabic language among the languages
Visitor
Message 459 of 521
Message 459 of 521

Whay ?
One time poster
Message 460 of 521
Message 460 of 521

When will be next firmware available for M4 AQUA DUAL for Indian users?
Very low voice output while engaged in call..not clear voice..pl look into.