account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 371 of 521
Message 371 of 521

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

You lollipop best software. I like you
Highlighted
Adept
Message 372 of 521
Message 372 of 521

Hi every one is talking about the software upgrade from build # 23.1.1.E.0.1 to 23.4.A.0.546 for Z3 dual D6633, the update it seems has not yet been rolled out in Middle East, since there is no OTA update message to me. I bought the phone in July 2015.

there is a lot of discussion on manual update using ftf files, but seems to me majorly too technical jargon.

Can any body provide a simple step by step guide for manual update or should I wait for OTA updates to activate?

Thanks in advance!

Inhabitant
Message 373 of 521
Message 373 of 521

My Z1 Compact froze today while I was pressing the volume button. Had to turn it off by force.

Also Contacts app closed by force.

Dorian Diaconu
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 374 of 521
Message 374 of 521

Hi, any idea why sound has disappeared off quick setting menu with update??
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 375 of 521
Message 375 of 521

If the phone is put in loudspeaker mode during a call.
And if the loudspeaker is turned off during the same call. The phone goes mute
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 376 of 521
Message 376 of 521

hi i am having the same issue did you find  FIX please

Highlighted
Genius
Message 377 of 521
Message 377 of 521

Hi @Apj

I suggest you check this link:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/03/17/guide-to-installing-xperia-lollipop-using-xperifirm-and-flashto...

Hi @Rp1 @Uttamkumarray @muzzick

Try to boot your device in safe mode and test:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

If the issue persists, I suggest you to first run a backup of the device information like this:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Backup-amp-Transfer/m-p/407253#U407253

Try performing a system repair using PC Companion:

http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

This will factory reset your phone and erase all data. You might need tocharge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery. Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device). Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP.

In PC Companion you press start on Support Zone -> Start on Update the phone/tablet software -> Repair phone/tablet (the blue clickable link in the message) -> Follow these steps without having your device connected to the PC.

Follow the instruction that appears in the program and do not connect your device until this guide tells you how to connect it.

If it's not possible to perform this software repair, you could check the following FAQ topic regarding USB connection problems:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/USB-connection-problems/m-p/348074

If my answer was helpful for you, please thank me with Kudos.

I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 378 of 521
Message 378 of 521

Cannot delete SMS messages or conversation on Xperia Z, after upgrade to lollipop
Highlighted
Genius
Message 379 of 521
Message 379 of 521

Hi @Asr12

You may need to clear the data from the App and then try deleting conversation threads:

Menu -> Settings -> Apps -> Messaging -> Force stop -> Clear Data

Then open the Messaging app -> Menu -> Delete conversation -> Select all -> Delete

If my answer was helpful for you, please thank me with Kudos.

I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 380 of 521
Message 380 of 521

My friends I think Sony could create a system with superuser access. Because 16GB is nothing to install applications. Games for example, take a lot of space in internal memory and we ran out of resources to install more programs. So we would not need to modify the system for root access and thus we can use applications with useful features such as Gl to SD for example, that runs the direct application of sd card.