account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Lollipop Dialer needs a face-lift! **Please Read**

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Lollipop Dialer needs a face-lift! **Please Read**

I installed lollipop update on my Z3C and I was impressed by it! Everything have a fresh new look with the material design theme EXCEPT for one part of the phone, and that is the Dialer! The Dialer still has the same boring look for the past 2 years! To my surprise the pop up dialpad (which looks great) during the phone call and the lockscreen pin code screen both got a face-lift except for the main dialer. 

Can you please change the main dialer to match the look of the updated dialpad for the next update? I made a quick editing to give you a better idea

Dial Pad during call

dialpad_call.png

Lockscreen PIN code

Screenshot_2015-03-21-22-51-31.png

Dialer Comparison

dialer compasrison.jpg

What do you guys think? Do you prefer Ver 1 and Ver 2 over the default look of the dialer?

12 REPLIES 12
Emperor
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Lollipop Dialer needs a face-lift! **Please Read**

Contact your local Xperia care

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Why did you post that link? I am dont have a software or hardware problem! I am trying to get the message to the development team and get users opinion about it

@uliwooly wrote:
Contact your local Xperia care

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Talent
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

I agree. Sony's dialer is ugly. Googles aosp stock dialer is much better.
Emperor
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

This forum is for us, users, to help each other. Hence, you have to contact Sony.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

Default dialer is also nice.

Anyway depends on the tastes of each Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

I don't see the issue. You tap the numbers and hit call. The screen switches off when your on a call so what does it matter how it looks?
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

I prefer default. And like @mmuk says. It really doesn't matter. It would be like moaning about the transitions with flipping through the app draw. Who cares?

Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

You could always try true dialler from playstore.Pretty close to google dialler
Inhabitant
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

For some reason I feel the dialer looks out of place...I have seen other users on xperia blog complaining about it, to each his own taste :-) That true dialer looks too cluttered but nice though, I'll give it a shot