account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I go back from Marshmallow to previous Lollipop

Apprentice
Message 81 of 108
Message 81 of 108

I need to rollback from latest update

Hi,

After latest update in August my z2 tablet is consuming alot more battery, and I'm experiencing some other minor problems. 

I don't want stamina mode, as I want my tablet in full power mode, every app asking for use is also annoying. 

I don't see any improvement on my daily use, so I need to rollback from this latest update. 

Can anyone help me? 

Elite
Message 82 of 108
Message 82 of 108

Re: I need to rollback from latest update

You will need to use either flashtool or xperfirm or contact your Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 83 of 108
Message 83 of 108

Hi Dna77,

I am sorry to hear this, sometimes a new update can take some time to settle and get to work effectively, however, if there is no improvement, then you can run through with a Software repair on the device.

It is possible that the update has not installed correctly and is causing some issues. I have supplied instructions below on how to Backup and then software repair.

backup using Xperia Companion

software repair using Xperia Companion

Let us know how you get on.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 84 of 108
Message 84 of 108

Hi Jake, 

Thanks for the feedback, 

I´ve restarted in safe mode, ive instaled xp companion and performed repair, but the batery still drains very fast. i think that thats unfortunally a feature from this update.

Now, how do i rollback to previous version?

cs2
One time poster
Message 85 of 108
Message 85 of 108

Re: How do I go back from Marshmallow to previous Lollipop

just  got marshmallow downgrade DO YOU PEOPLE ACUALLY TEST THIS BEFORE INFLICTING IT ON YOUR CUSTOMERS FIX it UP NOW 

One time poster
Message 86 of 108
Message 86 of 108

Android 6. Give me previous version!

Recently upgraded to Android 6 version and completely unhappy with it.

First of all battery doesn't last even 20 hours, while before it lasted for 2 days.

Screen is too sensetive and gives error messages for no reason.

How can I get back to previous version or patch the existing??? So annoing!!

Genius
Message 87 of 108
Message 87 of 108

Re: Android 6 **bleep**. Give me previous version!

Hold on smile happy did you perform a software repair? It's quite normal after a major software upgrade to suffer some issues, and it's not related to Sony in general. All Android devices suffer a bit after a major one. Try software repair and let us know if that solve your problems.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos smile happy

Wizardry is the key!
One time poster
Message 88 of 108
Message 88 of 108

After the update, my home and back button is not working properly and I don't know what to do? Tried factory reset but still it doest work, been using glove mode for the meantime but it's really a hustle... Can anyone from Sony help us with our issues?
One time poster
Message 89 of 108
Message 89 of 108

Mines also done the same, no home, back button to speak of and no notification bar. absolutely worthless update. Am now struggling in so many ways! I wish Sony would actually do something to help instead of just saying that the screen needs replacing as has been said on a thousand other threads.

Clearly there is something wrong with the update and admitting to this and trying to find an actual solution would be extremely helpful!

One time poster
Message 90 of 108
Message 90 of 108

I did the same mistake.sometimes my z5 is not ewsponding when im swiping to answer calls.it started since i upgrade to marmallow.i would like to down grade to lollipop too.