account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How do I go back from Marshmallow to previous Lollipop

One time poster
Message 71 of 112
Message 71 of 112

Software Update on Z5 compact

Hello,

A few hours ago my my phone told me that i needed to upgrade my xperia software to the latest version, after updating my phone, It no longer charges. A red LED briefly shows when connecting the charger and then turns off. my phone is at 35% and decreasing. please help.

Or is there a way of rolling back to the previous software version ????

One time poster
Message 72 of 112
Message 72 of 112

### How to downgrade from 5.1.1 to 6.0.1? ###

Hello everyone, i want to downgrade my z2 from 6.0.1 to 5.1.1. I've used flahtool software by following this guide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2HIYpeZaTM) but it didn't work, the phone got bricked. I got an error message on my phone saying "Software update failed, make sure that your phone is connected to the computer and try again", fortunately i managed to repair the phone by using software repiar on xperia companion.

I don't know what did i do wrong. Do i need to download the correct region of tft file because i couldn't find so i downloaded the us one?

One time poster
Message 73 of 112
Message 73 of 112

Android Os

Is it possible to convert Android marshmellon to lollipop 5.1 without use of computer for sony xperia z2 D6503
Enthusiast
Message 74 of 112
Message 74 of 112

Re: ### How to downgrade from 5.1.1 to 6.0.1? ###

Check your cable, check your USB port, check the firmware you are trying to install (is the version - the device version! - correct?)

USB cables should fit tightly and not being loose.

If all good, try again.

Also, restart computer BEFORE trying the flashing. Also, do NOT do anything on that computer while the flashing takes place.

You can also charge the phone before doing it (wall charger only, please) - for at least 30 minutes.

It is not so easy to brick the phone.

Also, before doing anything, check THIS:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2759934

Enthusiast
Message 75 of 112
Message 75 of 112

Re: Android Os

and it is NOT possible to downgrade WITHOUT a computer.

One time poster
Message 76 of 112
Message 76 of 112

Re: How do I go back from Marshmallow to previous Lollipop

This is killing me, I updated from lollipop to marshmallow, what a joke it is. I even started a new Google account coz I thought that was make the phone hot and draining so fast. Even in safe mode still draining, battery was the nuts on lollypop and very rarely got hot. Would get home from work with 70% left, I charged my phone to 100% I made one call today and had all the sync and data and Internet off and it was dead by 2 o'clock whats that all about please help me, I have only had it 3 mouths and I fell like throwing it at a wall.
One time poster
Message 77 of 112
Message 77 of 112

Z3 Downgrade from 6

Hi,

can you tell me if i can use Xperia Companion on my pc to downgrade Android 6 to Lolipop?

After last update battery in my Z3 discharge really quickly so i wanned go back to lolipop.

Thanks

Adviser
Message 78 of 112
Message 78 of 112

Reinstall Android 5?

Is there any way I can reinstall Android 5?

(After updating to Android 6 most of the calls I make or receive don't go through. Others have reported this problem, and apparently reinstalling Android 5 solves it, but I don't know how to do that. And XC Repair didn't help.)

Adviser
Message 79 of 112
Message 79 of 112

Re: Reinstall Android 5?

Someone has just moved my post into this thread without informing me, which isn't exactly helpful. Eventually I found it again.

Learner
Message 80 of 112
Message 80 of 112

Re: How do I go back from Marshmallow to previous Lollipop

Can't control stamina