account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How do I go back from Marshmallow to previous Lollipop

One time poster
Message 51 of 112
Message 51 of 112

Re: How do I go back from Marshmallow to previous Lollipop

You must work for the company to say that. I've just "upgraded" to a Z5C from a Z3C and I'm regretting it so much. All apps updated, apps uninstalled if not needed, I know how to get the best battery life out of my Z3C with lollipop and now With MM the battery life is awful, and heat unbearable. I've got to send this back and if I can't roll back to lollipop, I'm off to apple. It's not an update, it's regression.
Rookie
Message 52 of 112
Message 52 of 112

I am in the same boat. So long, I've been mostly happy with Xperia software, although move from 4 to 5 wasn't ideal.

But this here? If I had any idea how bad it would turn out, I'd never have updated!

I was about to upgrade from my Z2 and thinking about buying a Z series Tablet as well to replace my Nexus 10. 

Now I'm not. It's almost as if manufacturers periodically make idiotic decisions to get people to switch.

And I can't even seamlessly downgrade...

Is there at least a way to get some of the stuff back?
Basic stuff, like access to dialer from lockscreen (WhyTF would I want to access friggin VOICE SEARCH rather than phone app?)

App drawer that makes sense

The nice transparent Google search bar on every screen

And I get this has probably nothing to do with Sony, but who decided to get rid of the swipe-from-home-button Google Now access fo change to the current convoluted way?

Rookie
Message 53 of 112
Message 53 of 112

Also where's the Camera widget gone??

One time poster
Message 54 of 112
Message 54 of 112

Hi sir just like to ask about an update for my Xperia z can it be updated to marshmallow I'm from Philippines
Visitor
Message 55 of 112
Message 55 of 112

Stupid Sony. Stupid Google. How many of us have to tell you we don't like MM before you get the message. Send out an optional OTA to let folks, who want to, go back to Lollipop. No. We don't want to do all the techie stuff. We want something as simple as the "upgrade" was. You know what's easier? Buying an iPhone. Why is this so difficult to understand. WE DON'T LIKE IT. WE WANT LOLLIPOP BACK. GET IT?
Emperor
Message 56 of 112
Message 56 of 112

@Jizzyray

This is a user based forum , you can contact Sony directly with your feedback, this is how >>> Local support 

You can also ask them to downgrade your phone. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 57 of 112
Message 57 of 112

Just wanted to 'bump' this post so sony can pay a little bit more attention! (if any).

Had email to and fro with support: 

- Did clear data and chache from the app settings

- Then checked with phone in Safe mode: no luck

- Then 'Repair'ed the phone by using Xperia companion (PC)... TWICE.  This one wiped all my personal data and had to re-install everything again: TWICE.  

Problem still persisted: 

- Active Exchange server keeps saying phone need security update-> Went through few 'cycles of' 'Encryption to no avail. 

- Now phone (default email app) doesn't 'sync' with Exchange server so stuck without any calander, task, or email from work

Really would like to roll back to lollipop. Which was working fine. 

Sony please rectify the issue soon or give us option to downgrade to lollipop.

Rookie
Message 58 of 112
Message 58 of 112

very frustrated- downgrade android 6 back to 4 (for a dummy)

The phone was good as it was, when it was on android version 4. I performed a system update now android 6 is awful for me. I'm a little confused on this matter, can my z5 compact be downgraded? I've seen tuturiols where they're using jargon that goes way over my head as if I was a computer programmer. I tried following a youtube video using flashtool but that attempt failed horribly. Is there a quick and easy way to downgrade my phone back for a dummy like myself? Much appreciated.

Emperor
Message 59 of 112
Message 59 of 112

Re: very frustrated- downgrade android 6 back to 4 (for a dummy)

@james1750

Check this out

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2014-Xperias/td-p/593...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 60 of 112
Message 60 of 112

Re: very frustrated- downgrade android 6 back to 4 (for a dummy)

Ah, this time I managed to follow all steps correctly and had all the correct files. Flashtool process worked. Good to go here. Thanks again