account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

How do I go back from Marshmallow to previous Lollipop

Talent
Message 11 of 112
Message 11 of 112

Re: Problems after Xperia Z5C Marshmallow update

@Khaouda85,

Your problems have been mentioned in other threads, so perhaps searching and reviewing them, performing testing which the forum support staff have mentioned time and time again will allow you to let those in the forum see whether any of your issues have or can be resolved.

There was one thread responded to 5 hours ago which addresses your same symptoms.

Please help yourself to help us help you.

One time poster
Message 12 of 112
Message 12 of 112

Re: Android Marshmallow 6 - FW 32.1.A.1.163 on our Xperia Z5

is there any way to roll back to 5.1.1 ?

I dont have a problem liek smth is not working,

but the performance is strong affected, the temp is rissing  lot faster, 

the phone have frecvent freez time, and aplication are lot slower than on 5.1.1

I did not notice any battery improve, but I noticed stamina mode and ultra stamina excluded.

It have a good point to, now focus speed on photos is much faster.

On overall usage with 6 it is much slower, and freez is a hourly rutine, high temp that comes with underclock cpu appear very fast... and gaming on it it just got from smoth, to low framerate and frame drops.

dask cam app and bt headsets in the same time it is imposible anymore, since it got high load, high temp, and under clock.

that never happened before android 6...

so, I really need a way to roll back to Lollipop....

If Tetris Has Taught Me Anything, It’s That Errors Pile Up and Accomplishments Disappear
Adviser
Message 13 of 112
Message 13 of 112

Downgrade Xperia Z5 Premium From Marshmallow to Lollipop

Hi, 

I own an Xperia Z5 premium and recently upgraded to Marshmallow. I have been facing quite a few issues since i upgraded. I would like to go back to 5.1.1. Where can I find the ftf file for my Z5? 

Thanks in advance

Inhabitant
Message 14 of 112
Message 14 of 112

Post recent update - how can you roll back ? New messaging is appaling

Done the update and the new attachment bar in sms ( messaging app) is in the way - how do i get rid of it totally , permenantly or how do i roll back to previous version - tried phone support but got no luck . Dont want to have to take phone back to vodafone for a replacement

Message 15 of 112
Message 15 of 112

Re: Post recent update - how can you roll back ? New messaging is appaling

@dominicfai

Can you elaborate? What's wrong with the new attachment bar in messaging?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Inhabitant
Message 16 of 112
Message 16 of 112

Gets in the way  - useless

Trying to just remove it  - tried alternate keyboards - keyboard setups etc. no luck 

really dont  want to have to return it or use the flash tool to roll back as that has warranty issue 

Inhabitant
Message 17 of 112
Message 17 of 112

And sony support have been 0 help - vodafoen were great but couldnt remove it either

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 18 of 112
Message 18 of 112

If people want a Z5C 5.1 ROM, I could upload my old
E5823_Customized AU_1298-7260_32.0.A.6.152_R4B

It is generic. I was hoping I could find my .200, but I must have lost that when my laptop crashed with a Win10 update

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Inhabitant
Message 19 of 112
Message 19 of 112

There might be a few people after the odl firmware - lots of problems with the new one already being reported here .

I am bit loathed to do it im still in my 30 days so I can return it as not fit for purpose and it invalidates warranty 

Message 20 of 112
Message 20 of 112

@dominicfai

If there's a UI glitch that places the attachment bar in a wrong position, then a software repair using PC Companion can fix it.

But if you mean that it's taking too much space, then your only options is to use Flashtool to rollback or contacting your Local support to leave feedback about it.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.