account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How do I go back from Marshmallow to previous Lollipop

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 61 of 112
Message 61 of 112

Re: very frustrated- downgrade android 6 back to 4 (for a dummy)

@james1750

Anytime

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 62 of 112
Message 62 of 112

Downgrade Android M back to L

Hi,

Update my phone some weeks ago to Android M. Is there an "easy" way to downgrade back to Android L?

Android M update on Xperia is a major disappointment.

Battery drains super fast, loss of LTE data connection, Google keyboard keeps changing language after reboot,

music audio muting does not function correctly, etc... etc...

Emperor
Message 63 of 112
Message 63 of 112

Re: Downgrade Android M back to L

@StevenD

here you go 

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2014-Xperias/td-p/593...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 64 of 112
Message 64 of 112

Re: How do I go back from Marshmallow to previous Lollipop

I have tried to do follow these instructions to downgrade to Lollipop - but there is no way to get hold of the Lollipop firmware, I can only get the latest firmware, i.e. Marshmallow (23.5.A.0.575).

So where can I find the Lollipop firmware (10.6.A.0.454) with XperiFirm??

Inhabitant
Message 65 of 112
Message 65 of 112

Switching back to 5.1.1

I recently got android 6.0.1 and I hate it so I was wandering if I send my phone to Sony they could downgrade it to 5.1.1 is it possible?
Emperor
Message 66 of 112
Message 66 of 112

Re: Switching back to 5.1.1

@Skulltrash27

This is how

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2014-Xperias/td-p/593...

Message 67 of 112
Message 67 of 112

How do I go back from to Lollipop from Marshmallow for Sony Xperia Z2, can someone please help me with a download link? Facing issues on touchscreen. Issues with keyboard.
Regards
sandeep
Adept
Message 68 of 112
Message 68 of 112

Hi everyone, will be using the following guide to help a friend who has a Z3 and made the mistake of upgarding to Marshmallow. He wants to go back to Lollipop. Here is a link to the guide :- http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/03/17/guide-to-installing-xperia-lollipop-using-xperifirm-and-flashto...

Would be very grateful please to know if any forum member has used this method and it's been a success. Just to add that I have never done this before and am hoping it's relatively straightforward !

Thanks Slightly smiling Face

Rookie
Message 69 of 112
Message 69 of 112

android version

hello, i have the version 6.0.1 installed in my sony z3 compact but i wanna go back to the lolipop version. how can i do that?

gml
Learner
Message 70 of 112
Message 70 of 112

Revert phone to lollipop?

Hi. I've updated software on my z3 compact to marshmallow. Is there any way to revert to the last release of lollipop?