account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Downgrade Z3 compact (and others) from Lollipop to KitKat

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 301 of 305
Message 301 of 305

Re: Downgrade Z3 compact (and others) from Lollipop to KitKat

That's exactly what I looking for. The z3 compact's display is not functionality with marshmallow 6.0.1. Problems with back buttom and home. I need return to lollipop. Otherwise, I can't expect more for Sony. Maybe marshmallow works with z3, but in compact is not working properly. Help.
One time poster
Message 302 of 305
Message 302 of 305

Hi Im already using lollipop and would like to downgrade to kitkat but I don't want to do the whole process myself where can I take my phone to get it done for me?
One time poster
Message 303 of 305
Message 303 of 305

Want to downgrade from lollypop to kitkat

Hello
I want to downgrade my Xperia m2 dual D2302 from lollipop 5.1.1 to kitkat. I have unlocked bootloader, please help me further
Inhabitant
Message 304 of 305
Message 304 of 305

I too would dearly love to get rid of Lollipop and return to KitKat. I loved my phone and how it "behaved" before Lollipop, never for one minute thought that updating the software would make me hate it!! What they've done with the sound/notifications is horrible - you used to be able, with 2, clicks, go from sound (with vibrate) to no sound no vibrate! Now you have to go round the houses and from what I can see/find you can't even have no sound/no vibrate! AND to make matters worse, this has impacted on Sony smart connect which no longer does what it's supposed to, automatically, once set up.

Whoever thought that making the sound/notifications bit more complicated was a good idea wants their head looking at.

I now have to look at finding the correct version of KitKat (ideally for o2 in the UK)

One time poster
Message 305 of 305
Message 305 of 305

Turn back to lollipop

I updated my device from 5.1 to 6. But I dont like to new version. How can I turn back to 5.1? If I do hard reset, will it work?