account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Downgrade Z3 compact (and others) from Lollipop to KitKat

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 21 of 305
Message 21 of 305

Re: How to revert back to kitkat 4.4.4 from lollipop 5.0.2 in xperia z2

Whats The Model Number D6502/D6503   ??

Forum Legend
Message 22 of 305
Message 22 of 305

Follow this guide and download a nd create a KK firmware and manually flash your device - That is the only way

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Commissioner
Message 23 of 305
Message 23 of 305

salman1, before backpedalling, consider this: in half a year's time, Lollipop will take over all the new phone launches, than what would you want to do? Instead of going backwards, why not adapt and at the same time do a backup of your data than factory reset and start afresh. 

There'll always be something we are not used to at first but with practice, you'll get the hang of things. 

Commissioner
Message 24 of 305
Message 24 of 305

Re: Downgrade Z3 compact from Lollipop to KitKat

BlueBaronEan, do u noe why in the first place Android stopped moving app to SD? Android also had dump widget on lockscreen for good. Can you figure why?
Message 25 of 305
Message 25 of 305

I have found Bell,MTS,Rogers,Telus and Wind 23.0.1.A.577 which is KitKat on xperiafirm.I'd fifo a MVNO?
Message 26 of 305
Message 26 of 305

Z3 compact has same firmware as Z3 so you can use one of them on your compacy
Commissioner
Message 27 of 305
Message 27 of 305

..Or they'll do whatever it takes to make your device slow and get you thinking bout new and faster Xperia. Where are the times, when updates were to fix bugs and things, not to slow them down. The only thing that improoved was going from JB to Kitkat, now things are getting worse, shiny and full of vivid colours but that's not the way smartphones were meant to be, they should be office in pocket in first place. Reliable, fast, long working.

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Message 28 of 305
Message 28 of 305

undo system update

Can someone please tell me how to get my old black layout back? Thank you!
Sanne Gerringa
Forum Legend
Message 29 of 305
Message 29 of 305

Re: undo system update

If you have Lollipop now then I'm afraid to say that the colour is now standard and is from Google not sony

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Message 30 of 305
Message 30 of 305

Re: undo system update

You need to get a flashtool and a ftf file for 4.4.4 (what device do you have?) and flash it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.