account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Downgrade Z3 compact (and others) from Lollipop to KitKat

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 261 of 305
Message 261 of 305

Re: How to downgrade z3 from Android 5.1.1 to previous versions?

@MartinGFim

You have 2 options

1. contact your local Xperia care

or 

2. use flashtool

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2014-Xperias/td-p/593...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 262 of 305
Message 262 of 305

Want to have back Android KitKat

I updated the android to lolipop but i want the old version i factory reseted the phon but it still lolipop

Forum Legend
Message 263 of 305
Message 263 of 305

Re: Wan't to have back Android KitKat

Hi,

Unfortunately, as standard it's not possible to roll back to an earlier Android version. Do you experience any issue or why would you like to get back to an earlier firmware?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 264 of 305
Message 264 of 305

Re: Downgrade Z3 compact (and others) from Lollipop to KitKat

The touch is bad sometimes it open any thing in the upper right corner
Visitor
Message 265 of 305
Message 265 of 305

Left corner sorry
Adviser
Message 266 of 305
Message 266 of 305

Downgrade Android 5.1 to 5.0

Hey

Can anyone tell me how I can downgrade from android 5.1 to 5.0? I am actually not happy with the new version as many things do not work.

Thank you in forward!
Regards
Message 267 of 305
Message 267 of 305

Re: Downgrade Android 5.1 to 5.0

First of all, I advise you to perform PC Companion phone repair, this will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory.

Open PC companion -> Support zone -> Phone/tablet software update -> Repair my phone/tablet (blue link style). Follow the steps given, do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable.

If this doesn't fix your problem, consult this thread for instructions for downgrading:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Downgrade-Z3-compact-and-others-from-Lollipop-to-Kit...

It will work on any Xperia phone and any versions.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Emperor
Message 268 of 305
Message 268 of 305

Re: Downgrade Android 5.1 to 5.0

@blond_girl7

Either contact your local Xperia Care or check this out

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2014-Xperias/td-p/593...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 269 of 305
Message 269 of 305

Hey @uliwooly the thread you posted is very helpful but the firmwire for germany file does not exist - can you maybe give me a tip where I can find it?
Emperor
Message 270 of 305
Message 270 of 305

@blond_girl7

Perhaps it hasn't been released yet.