account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Downgrade Z3 compact (and others) from Lollipop to KitKat

SOLVED
Learner
Message 81 of 305
Message 81 of 305

Bring KitKat features back please!

Hi

When will the removed features be back? I don´t understand why features are removed in an upgrade?

I´m talking about the following features Sony removed in Lollipop:

- 1x1 and the bigger widgets for instant silent/vibrate, airplane mode, BT etc....

- close all button in the multitasking window (heard it was a placebo but how is that any different from swipping the apps close one at a time? Sure closed my apps in KitKat).

- Multitasking window not closing anymore by pressing the screen (now have to press a "button"), if no apps are running and you open it

Also, why ADD a screen BEFORE the lockscreen? Swipe (up now) swipe (up now) and more unnecessary swipes (up now)...

Why on Earth update to Lollipop if you just remove features and add Google stuff...

I do not recommend upgrading with the current lollipop build being nothing but removed features and added effects and google stuff.

Learner
Message 82 of 305
Message 82 of 305

Re: Bring KitKat features back please!

So this is where posts about sony just slapping lollipop on their phones and not saying that it removes features or when asked if they are coming back go...Face with rolling Eyes

Apprentice
Message 83 of 305
Message 83 of 305

how to downgrade z2 from lollipop to kitkat??

I don't like lollipop os.
I want to downgrade my z2.
If anyone knows how to downgrade??
One time poster
Message 84 of 305
Message 84 of 305

Re: Downgrade Z3 compact (and others) from Lollipop to KitKat

You and me both. LOLLIPOP IS AWFUL!!!

KitKat nailed it for me. And now it's gone haywire.

I want my Chrome tabs IN CHROME!!!

I will be downgrading asap. Some bull being coerced into such an awful update.
Adviser
Message 85 of 305
Message 85 of 305

Change isn't always better. Kitkat was perfect for the z3. Lollipop has totally ruined my z3 and yet Sony say it will be me who voids my warranty if I roll it back to the operating system I bought the phone with.. I tested this phone before I bought it and only chose it based on the functions it had... Then Sony go and force a change on it that makes it different to what I wanted. How dare they do this.
Visitor
Message 86 of 305
Message 86 of 305

It has ruined the battery life of my xperia Z3 which lasted over a day even after heavy use!!!
Now it's already on 68% and my days barely started, before, at this time, it was around 89/93% fu Sony!

If you haven't already updated, you're clever, i like you lool... Nah in all seriousness i suggest you wait for 5.1....
Visitor
Message 87 of 305
Message 87 of 305

Balooner360- you can get your tabs back in chrome, open chrome, go on settings and where it says 'merge tabs and apps' turn it off...
One time poster
Message 88 of 305
Message 88 of 305

Seriously this is not funny, after im updated to android lollipop, my wifi connection is not good, it will auto disconnected anytime, and connect back after 10-15 se.. And my online games like thunder raid could not play with the connection problem.. Other android phone user on this house has got no problem with the connection..
Highlighted
Learner
Message 89 of 305
Message 89 of 305

[Q] HOW TO DOWNGRADE TO 4.4.4?

There's so many bugs for the new update lollipop, the biggest one is the battery performance and it's so vital for mepersonally, pls let me know how we can downgrade tto the last firmware kitkat 4.4.4, I could use cyanogen or any custom Rom, but i really like that stable xperia rom, thanks
Message 90 of 305
Message 90 of 305

Re: [Q] HOW TO DOWNGRADE TO 4.4.4?

You van get the firmware off xperiafirm and flash it using flash tool.If you don't see the KitKat firmware.Click on the lollipop firmware and when it appears on the top right KitKat is listed underneath